310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
In this article was carried analysis of specificity and expressiveness of reproduction of an experimental model of a diabetes of the first phylum on rats-males of a line of Vistar. With the introduction of alloxan in a dose of 150 mg/kg revealed diabetic-uremic syndrome. The ratio of animals with a syndrome of high and low uremic sensitivity to the drug was 31 and 24 %, respectively. In these groups, lipid and carbohydrate metabolism, pro- and antioxidant status, the level of the hormone corticosterone, as well as the activity of AST and ALT were studied. The results we obtained allow us to study in more detail the dynamics of the development of the pathological state and the study of the methods of its modulation with various compounds.
1.Baranov V. G. Experimental diabetes mellitus: monograph. L.: Science; 1983. (In Russ.).
2. Lenzen S. The mechanisms of alloxan- and streptozotocininduced diabetes. Diabetologia. 2008;51(2):216-226. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00125-007-0886-7
3.Zakiryanov A. R., Plakhotny M. A., Onishchenko N. A. Diabetic complications in rats in long term modeling of diabetes mellitus of the 1st type. Patologicheskaya fiziologiya, ehksperimentalnaya terapiya. – Pathological Physiology,Experimental therapies. 2007;(4):21-25. (In Russ.).
4. Gati M. A. Physiological and histological study of experimental diabetes mellitus by alloxan. International Journal of Advanced Research. 2016;4(3):1814-1818.
5. Behr G. A., da Silvaa E. G., Romanelli A. Pancreas b-cells morphology, liver antioxidant enzymes and liver oxidative parameters in alloxan-resistant and alloxan-susceptible Wistar rats: a viable model system for the study of concepts into reactive oxygen species. Fundamental & Clinical Pharmacology. 2008;22:657-666. https://doi.org/10.11/j.1472-8206.2008.00628.x
6. Mathews C. E., Leite E. H. Constitutive differences in antioxidant defense status distinguish alloxan-resistant and alloxan-susceptible mice. Free Radical Biology and Medicine. 1999;27(3-4):449-455.
7. Selyatitskaya V. G., Palchikova N. A., Kuznetsova N. V. Adrenocortical system activity in alloxan-resistant and alloxan-susceptible Wistar rats. Journal of Diabetes Mellitus. 2012;2(2):165-169. https://doi.org/10.4236/jdm.2012.22026
Keywords: diabetes, alloxan, alloxan sensitivity, endocrine and metabolic disorders