310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
Purpose: to improve a surgical treatment outcome in cases of the direct esophageal anastomosis leakage in newborns with esophageal atresia. 92 newborns with esophageal atresia were analyzed. A direct esophageal anastomoses were formed in these patients from 1982 till 2012. Postoperative lethality was 10 %. Recurrences of trachea-esophageal fistula were detected in 3 patients, anastomotic leakage and fistula formation – in 4 patients: 2 of them died, 2 else were operated, rethoracotomy, disconnection of esophageal ends and double esophagostomy dueto G.A. Bairov were formed.
In conclusion, authors doubted the pleural drainages efficacy in cases of esophageal anastomotic fistulas appearance and recommended the early rethoracotomy, disconnection of esophageal ends in place of anastomosis and formation of 2 fistulas – in the neck and in the abdominal wall – to perform.
1. Nemilova T. K., Bairov V. G., Kagan A. V. et all. Esophageal Atresia: 48-aged Experience of Treatment in St.- Petersburg. Pediatric Surgery. 2003;6:14-16.
2. Chepurnoy M. G., Chepurnoy G. I., Katsupeev V. B., Rosin B. G. Esophageal Reconstruction in Case of Large Diastasis Between Esophageal Ends. The Russian bulletin of children’s surgery, anesthesiology and resuscitation. 2011;4:56-61.
3. Arul G. S., Parick D. Oesophageal replacement in children. Ann. R. Coll. Engl. 2008;90(1):7-12.
4. Dhir R., Sutcliffe R. P., Rohatgi A., Forshaw M. J., Strauss D. C., Mason R. C. Surgical management of late complications after colonic interposition for esophageal atresia. Ann. Thorac. Surg. 2008;86:1965-1967.
5. Holcomb G. W., Rothenberg S. S., Bax K. M., Martinez- Ferro M., Albanese C. T., Ostile D. J., van Der Zee D. C.,Yeung C. K. Thoracoscopic repair of esophageal atresia and tracheoesophageal fistula: a multiinstitutional analysis. Ann. Surg. 2005;242(3):422-428.
6. Nagaya M., Kato J., Niimi N., Tanaka S., Iio K. Proposal of a novel method to evaluate anastomotic tension in esophageal atresia with distal tracheoasophageal fistula. Pediatr. Surg. Int. 2005;21:780-785.
7. Tsao K., Lee H. Extrapleural thoracoscopic repair of esophageal atresia with tracheoesophageal fistula. Pediatr. Surg. Int. 2005;21(4):308-310.
8. Spitz L. Oesophageal atresia. Orphanet Journal of Rare Diseases. 2007;2(24):1172-1196.
9. Van Der Zee D. C., Vieirra-Travassos D., de Long J. R., Tutgat S. H. J. A novel technique for risk calculation of anastomotic leakage after thoracoscopic repair for esophageal atresia with distal fistula. World J. Surg. 2008;32(7):1396-1399.
Keywords: esophageal atresia, esophageal anastomotic leakage