310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
This paper summarizes experience of 116 sleeve gastrectomies performed in Stavropol for the last three years. Average operative time was 110±51 minutes. Complication rate was 6.9 % with no mortality. 5 (4.3 %) patients were reoperated due to complications. Staple line leakage rate was 1.7 %.
Average excessive weight loss in 12 months after the surgery egualled operation was 57.3 % with a regain up to 48.3 % two years after the primary procedure. Sleeve gastrectomy demonstrated high efficacy in treatment of 2nd type diabetes mellitus resolving it in all followed up patients. 5 pregnancies in previously infertile patients were reported.
Therefore, this operation may be recommended as standalone primary bariatric procedure.
1. Rtveladze K., Marsh T., Webber L., Kilpi F., Goryakin Y., Kontsevaya A., Starodubova A., Mcpherson K., Brown
M. Obesity trends in Russia. The impact on health and healthcare costs. Health. 2012;4:1471-1484.
2. Picot J., Jones J., Colquitt J.L., Gospodarevskaya E., Loveman E., Baxter L., Clegg A.J. The clinical effectiveness and costeffectiveness of bariatric (weight loss) surgery for obesity: a systematic review and economic evaluation. Health technology assessment. 2009;13(41):1-190, 215-357, iii-iv.
3. Gloy V. L., Briel M., Bhatt D. L., Kashyap S. R., Schauer P. R., Mingrone G., Bucher H. C., Nordmann A. J. Bariatric surgery versus nonsurgical treatment for obesity: a systematic review and metaanalysis of randomised controlled trials. Bmj. 2013;347f5934.
4. Fischer L., Hildebrandt C., Bruckner T., Kenngott H., Linke G. R., Gehrig T., Buchler M. W., Muller-Stich B. P. Excessive weight loss after sleeve gastrectomy: a systematic review. Obes Surg.
5. Yashkov Y., Khatsiev B., Kuzminov A. Data of the Russian National Bariatric Registry in 2012. Obesity Surgery. 2013;23(8):1076.
Keywords: bariatric surgery, sleeve gastrectomy, obesity