310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
Anti-reflux surgery was performed in 302 patients with a type 1 hiatal hernia from 2008 to 2016. The patients were divided into two groups. The first group comprised 241 patients who underwent anti-reflux laparoscopy, and the second group (control group) comprised 61 patients who underwent routine laparotomy. The outcomes were evaluated at 1, 6, 12, and 24 months postoperatively. The results were good to excellent in both groups, but laparoscopy was more advantageous in terms of quality of life as indicated by the Gastrointestinal Quality of Life Index and 36-Item Short Form Survey.
1.Fuchs K. H., Babic B., Breithaupt W., Dallemagne B.,Fingerhut A. [et al.] EAES recommendations for the management of gastroesophageal reflux disease. Surgical Endoscopy. 2014;28:1753–1773. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00464-014-3431-z
2. Lazebnik L. B., Masharova A. A., Bordin D. S., Vasiliev Yu. V., Tkachenko E. I. [et al.] Results of a multicenter trial «Epidemiology of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease in Russia» (MEGRE). Therapeutic archive. 2011;83(1):5-50.
3. Schieman C., Grondin S. C. Paraesophageal Hernia: Clinical Presentation, Evaluation, and Management Controversies.Thoracic Surgery Clinics. 2009;19(4):473-484. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.thorsurg.2009.08.006
4. Antonakis F., Köckerling F., Kallinowski F. Functional Results after Repair of Large Hiatal Hernia by Use of a Biologic Mesh. Frontiers in Surgery. 2016;3:16. https://doi.org/10.3389/fsurg.2016.00016
5. Köckerling F., Trommer Y., Zarras K., Adolf D., Kraft B. [et al.] What are the differences in the outcome of laparoscopic axial (I) versus paraesophageal (II–IV) hiatal hernia repair? Surgical Endoscopy. 2017;31(12):5327-5341. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00464-017-5612-z
6. Yang X., Hua R., He K., Shen Q., Yao Q. Laparoscopic hernioplasty of hiatal hernia. Annals of Translational Medicine. 2016;4(18):343. ttps://doi.org/10.21037/atm.2016.09.03
7. Durleshter V. M., Siyukhov R. Sh., Uvarov I. B., Svechkar I. Yu., Beretar R. B. [et al.] Method of plastic of the oesopheal holes of the iris. Patent RU 2525732; 20.08.2014.Available at: http://www.freepatent.ru/patents/2525732
Keywords: hiatal hernia, reflux esophagitis, laparoscopy, anti-reflux surgery