310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
The aim of the study is to analyze the effectiveness of the use of a new device for the symptomatic treatment of ascites in women.
The proposed method of treatment in comparison with traditional has several advantages: gradual, but constant evacuation of ascitic fluid, installation of a drainage tube at the lowest point of the abdominal cavity, compactness and ease of use, low injury rate, improvement of the quality of life of patients.
1. Maharinskaja E. S., Bereznjakov I. G., Shapovalova T. B. Diagnosis and treatment of ascites and its complications. Novosti mediciny i farmacii. – News of medicine and pharmacy. 2011:21-22:393-394. (In Russ.).
2. Runyon B. A. Management of Adult Patients with Ascites Due to Cirrhosis: An Update. Hepatology. 2009;49(6):2088- 2106. https://doi.org/10.1002/hep.23261
3. Cardenas A., Gines Р. Treatment of refractory ascites. Klinicheskaja gastrojenterologija i gepatologija. – Clinical gastroenterology and Hepatology. 2009;2(5):401-405. (In Russ.).
4. Rochling F. A., Zetterman R. K. Management of ascites. Drugs. 2009;69(13):1739-1760. https://doi.org/10.2165/11316390-000000000-00000
5. Wong F. Management of ascites in cirrhosis. Gastroenterol. Hepatol. 2012;27:11-20. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1440-1746.2011.06925
6. Rosenberg S. M. Palliation of malignant ascites. Gastroenterol. Clin. North Am. 2006;35(1):189-199. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gtc.2005.12.006
Keywords: ascites, drainage through the posterior vaginal vault, antireflux valve, treatment