310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
We investigated the clinical features of familial cases of paranoid schizophrenia in comparison with sporadic cases of paranoid schizophrenia. The patients with paranoid schizophrenia with a family history of schizophrenia (n=30) and patients with paranoid schizophrenia without family history of schizophrenia (n=140) were examined. The SADS-L «Schizophrenia and Affective Disorders Scale» and «The evaluation list of symptoms and a glossary for mental disorders, ICD-10» was used to assess the psychopathological state and psychopathology symptoms. In most cases, mothers or relatives of probands on the maternal line were the ancestors of the disease. There was no association of familial schizophrenia with the type of disease course (p>0.05). Associations of family schizophrenia with clinical simptoms (p<0.05) were found in the form of a symptom of depersonalization and delusional ideas of persecution. Suicidal intentions and attempts were significantly more common in patients with familial schizophrenia.
1. Galaktionova D. Iu., Gra O. A., Nizamutdinov I. I., Shershov V. E., Kuznetsova V. E. [et al.]. An association study of polymorphisms in HTR2A, BDNF and SLC6A4 genes with paranoid schizophrenia and suicidal behavior. Zhurnal nevrologii i psihiatrii im. S. S. Korsakova. – S. S. Korsakov Journal of Neurology and Psychiatry. 2012;112(10): 39-44. (In Russ.).
2. Kudlaev M. V., Obrosov I. F. Comparative clinico-social profile of familial schizophrenia patients in the groups «parents»–«children ». Rossijskij psihiatricheskij zhurnal. – Russian Journal of Psychiarty. 2007;4:31-33. (In Russ.).
3. Kolesnichenko E. V. Genetic features of familial cases of paranoid schizophrenia. Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya. – Modern problems of science and education. 2015;6. Available at: www.scienceeducation.ru/ru/article/view?id=22891. Accessed September 21, 2018. (In Russ.).
4. Greenwood T. A., Light G. A., Swerdlow N. R., Calkins M. E., Green M. F. [et al.]. Gating deficit heritability and correlation with increased clinical severity in schizophrenia patients with positive family history. Am. J. Psychiatry. 2015;173(4):385-391. https://doi.org/10.1176/appi.ajp.2015.15050605
5. Ponizovski A., Ritsner M., MKB-10. Ocenochnyj perechen’ simptomov i glossarij dlya psihicheskih rasstrojstv. SPb: Overlajd, 1994. (In Russ.).
6. Flyckt L., Edman G., Venizelos N., Borg K. Aberrant tyrosine transport acrossthe fibroblast membrane in patients with schizophrenia–indications of maternal inheritance. J. Psychiatr. Res. 2011;45(4):519-525. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpsychires.2010.08.001
7. Morris G., Berk M. The many roads to mitochondrial dysfunction in neuroimmune and neuropsychiatric disorders. BMC Med. 2015;13(68). Available at: www.biomedcentral.com/1741-7015/13/68. Accessed September 21, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12916-015-0310-y
Keywords: paranoid schizophrenia, family schizophrenia, depersonalization, delusions of persecution, suicide