310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
Morphological method is one of the most objectives in assessing the condition of both varicose and convoluted veins in varicocele. In the present study fragments of varicose veins from children 12–18 years old with varicocele were investigated. The SEM studies showed numerous clusters on the clear surface of erythrocytes and other blood cells with strands of
fibrin that may be precursors of the thrombi formation. Erythrocytes are the most numerous among the clusters of blood copuscles, echinocytes being their pathological forms. The data obtained should be considered in finding the method of surgical correction of this pathology.
1. Sack B. S., Schäfer M., Kurtz M. P. The Dilemma of Adolescent Varicoceles: Do They Really Have to Be Repaired? Curr. Urol. Rep. 2017;18(5):38. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11934-017-0686-7
2. Akramov N. P., Raginov I. S., Nasmeev R. N. Morphological changes in testicular vein in boys with varicocele. Reproductive health of children and teenagers. 2010;2:71-75.
3. Kalfa N., Veyrac C., Lopez M., Lopez C., Maurel A. [et al.] Multicenter assessment of ultrasound of the spermatic cord in children with acute scrotum. J. Urol. 2007;177(1):297-301. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2006.08.128
4. Kupatadze D. D., Makhin Yu. Yu. Angiological and microsurgical treatment of varicocele in children. Pediatrician. 2017;8(5):176-178.
5. Osipov N. G., Teplinskaya N. P., Sobolenko Yu. A. Changes in the architectonics of veins draining the lazoid plexus, and spermatogenesis in patients with newly diagnosed and recurrent varicocele. Andrology and genital surgery. 2014;15(2):30-36.
6. Pivtorak V. I., Smiyukha A. A. Morphology of Sertoli cells in experimental varicocele and after its treatment. Clinical and experimental morphology. 2014;2:77-81. Disclosures: The authors declare no conflict of interest.
7. Strakhov S. N., Spiridonov A. A., Prodsus P. P. Changes in renal, testicular veins with left varicocele and the choice of the method of operation in children and adolescents. Urology. 2002;4:13-18.
8. Tulakina L. G., Pichugova S. V., Komarova S. Yu., Osnovin P. L. Substantiation of structural changes in testicular veins in varicocele in children. Bulletin of the Ural Medical Academical Science. 2016;3:39-46.
9. Shamsiev A. M., Hamraev A. Zh. Minor surgery for children. Tashkent: O’qituvchi, 2006.
10. Shamsiev A. M., Atakulov D. O., Shamsiev J. A., Daniyarov E. S., Suvankulov U. T. Tactics in the syndrome of swollen scrotum. Tyumen medical journal. 2011;2:30-32.
11. Minaev S. V., Bolotov Iu. N. Diagnosis and treatment children with acute scrotal pain. Twenty years single centre experience. Medical News of North Caucasus. 2015;10(2):117-120. http://doi.org/10.14300/mnnc.2015.10026
12. Zhu S. M., Rao T., Yang X., Ning J. Z., Yu W. M. [et al.] Autophagy may play an important role in varicocele. Mol. Med. Rep. 2017;16(4):5471-5479. http://doi.org/10.3892/mmr.2017.7253
Keywords: varicocele, children, morphology