310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
The influence of anemia and renal replacement therapy (RRT) on the quality of life (QOL) of patients with chronic kidney diseases (CKD) on HD, CAPD and kidney transplant recipients has been studied. 60 patients with CKD 5 were included in the study. Patients with CKD 3 were included in control group. It was found that the scores of QOL in the group of kidney transplant recipients were comparable with the scores in the group with CKD 3, and were better than in dialysis patients, not only in terms of physical health (PF and PCH), but also in the terms of the psychological component of health (VT and SF). Reliable (p<0.05) positive correlation have been obtained between QOL and hemoglobin levels (PF, PCH, SF, MH),hematocrit (PF, PCH, SF, MH), serum iron level (PF, RP, BP, GH, PCH, VT, SF, MH), transferrin saturation index (BP, GH, PCH, VT, MH). Scores of QOL in the group of kidney transplant recipients and in the control group were comparable and were better than in the groups of patients on dialysis. Relationship between indices of anemia and QOL in patients on RRT was revealed.
1. Urazlina S. E., Zhdanova T. V., Nazarov A. V., Istomina A. S. Quality of Life in patients with chronic renal failure. Uralsky meditsinsky zhurnal. – The Urals Medical Journal. 2013;113(8):78-82.
2. Budde K., Rath T., Kliem V. Anemia control in kidney transplant recipients using once-monthly continuous erythropoietin receptor activator: a prospective, observational study. J. Transplant. 2014;2014:179705. https://doi.org/10.1155/2014/179705
3. Chen J. Y., Wan E. Y. F., Choi E. P. H., Chan A. K. C., Chan K. H. Y. [et al.] Quality of Life of Chinese Patients on Hemodialysis and Peritoneal Dialysis. Patient. 2017;10(6):799-808. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40271-017-0256-6
4. Feroze U., Noori N., Kovesdy C. P., Molnar M. Z., Martin D. J. [et al.] Quality-of-life and mortality in hemodialysis patients: roles of race and nutritional status. Clin. J. Am. Soc. Nephrol. 2011;6(5):1100-1111. https://doi.org/10.2215/CJN.07690910
5. Gansevoort R. T., Correa-Rotter R., Hemmelgarn B. R., Jafar T. H., Heerspink H. J. [et al.] Chronic kidney disease and cardiovascular risk: epidemiology, mechanisms, and prevention. Lancet. 2013;382(9889):339-352. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(13)60595-4
6. Kadiri M. M., Nechba R. B., Oualim Z. Factors predicting malnutrition in hemodialysis patients. Saudi J. Kidney. Dis. Transpl. 2011;22(4):695-704.
7. Majernikova M., Rosenberger J., Prihodova L., Jarcuskova M., Roland R. [et al.] Posttransplant Anemia as a Prognostic Factor of Mortality in Kidney-Transplant Recipients. Biomed. Res. Int. 2017;2017:6987240. https://doi.org/10.1155/2017/6987240
8. Majernikova M., Rosenberger J., Prihodova L., Nagyova I., Roland R. [et al.] Self-rated health predicts mortality and graft loss after kidney transplantation: a 10-year follow-up study. Am. J. Nephrol. 2012;36(5):459-465. https://doi.org/10.1159/000343884
9. Pagels A. A., Söderkvist B. K., Medin C., Hylander B., Heiwe S. Health-related quality of life in different stages of chronic kidney disease and at initiation of dialysis treatment. Health Qual. Life Outcomes. 2012;18;10:71. https://doi.org/10.1186/1477-7525-10-71
10. Ryu S. R., Park S. K., Jung J. Y., Kim Y. H., Oh Y. K. [et al.] The Prevalence and Management of Anemia in Chronic Kidney Disease Patients: Result from the KoreaN Cohort Study for Outcomes in Patients With Chronic Kidney Disease (KNOW-CKD). J. Korean Med. Sci. 2017;32(2):249- 256. https://doi.org/10.3346/jkms.2017.32.2.249
11. Sadeghi M., Ebrahimi H., Abbasi M., Norouzadeh R. Relationship between anemia, quality of life, and laboratory indices in hemodialysis patients. Saudi J.Kidney Dis. Transpl. 2016;27(5):1063-1067. https://doi.org/10.4103/1319-2442.190905
Keywords: quality of life, chronic kidney disease, renal replacement therapy, anemia