310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
Objects of the study were 77 patients. The amount of hyaluronate in the oral fluid and in the blood serum was determined. To assess the condition of periodontal tissues a complex periodontal index – СPI – was used. The relationship between these indicators was determined by calculating the correlation coefficient. The median content of hyaluronate in the oral fluid of patients from the first two groups (healthy periodontium and the risk of disease) did not differ. In the group of patients with mild course of the disease a slight increase in the content of hyaluronate was noted. The increase in the median level of hyaluronate in groups of patients with moderate and severe periodontal disease was significant. A force between The level of hyaluronate in the oral fluid closely correlated with CPI. Thus, the main factor contributing to the increase in the quantitative
content of hyaluronate in the oral fluid is the unsatisfactory condition of periodontal tissues.
1. Sigayeva N. N., Kolesov S. V., Nazarov P. V., Vildanova R. R. Chemical modification of hyaluronic acid and its application in medicine. Vestnik Bashkirskogo universiteta. – Bulletin of Bashkir University. 2012;13(3):1220-1241. (in Russ.)
2. Jiang D., Liang J., Noble P. Hyaluronan as an Immune Regulator in Human Diseases. Physiological Reviews. 2011;91(1):221-264. https://doi.org/10.1152/physrev.00052.2009
3. Stroitelev V. V. Hyaluronic acid: dependence of certain properties and effects on its molecular mass. Vestnik novykh meditsinskikh tekhnology. – Journal of New Medical Technologies. 2004;11(3): 84-85. (in Russ.).
4. Khabarov V. N., Boykov P. Ya., Kolosov V. A., Ivanov P. L. Gialuronan v artrologii. Kompleksy gialuronovoy kisloty s nizkomolekulyarnymi bioregulyatorami – novaya stranitsa v lechenii sustavnykh patology. Moscow: «Advanced solutions», 2014. (in Russ.).
5. Pogrel M. A., Lowe M. A., Stern R. Hyaluronan (hyaluronic acid) in human saliva. Archs. Оral. Biol. 1996;41(7):667- 671. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0003-9969(96)00050-7
6. Pogrel M. A., Lowe M. A., Stern R. Hyaluronan (hyaluronic acid) and its regulation in human saliva by hyaluronidase and its inhibitors. Journal of Oral Science. 2003;45(2):8 5-91. https://doi.org/10.2334/josnusd.45.85
7. Tishler M., Yaron I., Shirazi I., Yaron M. Salivary and serum hyaluronic acid concentrations in patients with Sjögren’s syndrome. Ann. Rheum. Dis. 1998;57: 506-508. https:// dx.doi.org/10.1136/ard.57.8.506
8. Greenhalgh T. Osnovy dokazatelnoy meditsiny. Moscow: «GEOTAR-MED», 2006. (in Russ.).
9. Rebrova O. Yu. Statistichesky analiz meditsinskikh dannykh. Primeneniye paketa prikladnykh programm STATISTICA. Moscow: «MediaSfera», 2002 (in Russ.).
Keywords: hyaluronate, oral fluid, complex periodontal index (CPI)