310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
Drospirenone, as a part of combined oral contraceptives, has an antiproliferative effect on hyperplastic processes in the organs of the female reproductive system. Individual selection of COCs taking into account the dose and properties of the gestagenic and estrogenic components allows, with contraceptive and non-contraceptive purposes, to prescribe it to women of reproductive age. Intake of COC containing drospirenone + ethinyl estradiol is not associated with impaired drug tolerance due to complaints of soreness and breast engorgement in the first 3 months. 6 months of COCs containing drospirenone + ethinyl estradiol are significantly associated with a decrease in the frequency of clinical and US-signs of dyshormonal dysplasia of the breast.
1. Ledina A. V., Prilepskaya V. N. The effectiveness of treatment of mastalgia, which arose on the background of taking combined oral contraceptives, the preparation of extract Vitex Agnus Castus. Akusherstvo i ginekologiya. – Obstetrics and gynecology. 2011;7(1):63-67. (In Russ.).
2. Nochvina E. A. The optimal choice of the hormonal contraceptive drug at the present stage. Medicinskie aspekty zdorov’ya zhenshchiny. – Medical aspects of women’s health. 2012;5(57):2-8. (In Russ.).
3. Sukhih G. T. Nacional’nye medicinskie kriterii priemlemosti metodov kontracepcii. National medical eligibility criteria for contraceptive methods. Moscow, 2012. (In Russ.).
4. Tatarchuk T. F., Efimenko O. A. K voprosu o profilaktike patologii molochnyh dzelez. Reproduktivnaya ehndokrinologiya. – Reproductive endocrinology. 2012;6(8):10-16. (In Russ.).
5. Cameron Sh. Contraceptive medical eligibility criteria (UKMEC). UK, 2016.
6. Charlton B. M., Rich-Edwards J. W., Colditz G. A., Missmer S. A. Oral contraceptive use and mortality after 36 years of follow-up in the Nurses’ Health Study: prospective cohort study. BMJ. 2014;31:349-356.
7. Robson S. Combined Hormonal Contraceptives. The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, 2016.
8. United States Medical Eligibility Criteria (US MEC) for Contraceptive Use, 2016. US Department of Health and Human Services/Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. MMWR. 2016;65(3):106.
9. WHO. Medical eligibility criteria for contraceptive use. 5th ed. Geneva, Switzerland, 2015. 10. Zhong G. C., Cheng J. H., Xu X. L., Wang K. Meta-analysis of oral contraceptive use and risks of allcause and cause-specific death. Int. J. Gynaecol. Obstet. 2015;131(3):228-33. https://doi:org/10.1016/j. ijgo.2015.05.026
Keywords: fibrocystic mastopathy, combined oral contraceptives, drospirenone