310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
The cardio-ankle vascular index (CAVI) has a high prognostic significance in relation to cardiovascular events frequency. However, its values in the young population is quite vague still. The aim was to assess the identification
of cases of increased vascular aging among young adults in connection with various risk factors (RF) and external signs of connective tissue dysplasia (CTD). In males the 95th percentile at the right and at the left was 7.1 and 7.2,
respectively, and in females 6.8 and 7.0, respectively. The rates of CAVI above 7.0 were 3.3 times more common in men than in women (10.5 % and 3.1 %, respectively). Young people with cardio-ankle index above the 95th percentile
had a vascular age of 40–44 years and traditional risk factors (smoking, weighed heredity) or manifestations of DST. Thus, angiologic screening in the context of mass screening will facilitate early personalized preventive interventions
in young people.
1. Druk I. V., Nechaeva G. I., Oseeva O. V., Pomorgajlo E. G., Maksimov V. N., Ivanoshhuk D. E., Gol’tjapin V. V. Kardiologija. – Сardiology. 2015;55(3):75-84.
2. Evsevyeva M. E., Eremin V. A., Eremin M. V., GalykovaI. Yu., Chudnovskiy E. V., Mishchenko E. A., Rusidi A. V. Profilakticheskaja Medicina. – Preventive Medicine. 2013;16(1):8-12.
3. Eremin M. V., Evsevyeva M. E., Koshel V. I. Hronicheskij tonzillit i displazija soedinitel’noj tkani. Stavropol: «StGMU»; 2008.
4. Chu C., Dai Y., Mu J., Yang R., Wang M., Yang J., Ren Y., Xie B., Dong Z., Yang F., Wang D., Yan D., Guo T., Wang Y. J. Hypert. 2017;35(Suppl. 1):10-15.
5. Di Chiara A., Vanuzzo D. Eur. Heart J. 2009;30:1027- 1029.
6. The ESC Textbook of Preventive Cardiology. Ed. by S. Gielen, G. De Backer, M. Piepoli, D. Wood, C. Jennings, I. Graham. Oxford University Press, 2016.
Keywords: vascular stiffness, young age