310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 865 2352511, +7 865 2353229.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
The journal is included into VINITI database and is registered in Electronic scientific library.
The journal is indexed by SCOPUS, Ulrich's International Periodicals Directory.
Sergey Minaev; Alexandr Obedin; Alexandr Kachanov; Mikhail Annenkov; Elena Tovkan; Igor Gerasimenko;
In the article consider the actual problem of fast track in newborns with NEC. Patients were divided into two groups matched for gestational age, weight and sex of patients. The Group1 consisted of 18 infants with NEC stage 2 to 3, in which the complex treatment was provided using presacral blockade with ropivacaine. The Group 2 was represented by 17 patients with NEC stage 2–3 undergoing standard treatment program. After 16 hours from the start of treatment in the Group 1 with respect to the Group 2 there was a significant decrease in the level of pain on a CHEOPS scale (6.0±0.5 points and 9.5±0.3 points, respectively, p = 0.001). Was shown substantial and significant reduction in the dose of fentanyl in the case of surgical intervention (62±2.5 mcg and 120±3.2 mcg, respectively, p = 0.002), respectively. Staying at mechanical ventilation after surgery was also reduced (1.5±0.8 days and 3.4±1.1 days, respectively). Significantly lower level of systemic and local inflectional complications was found in the Group1. Thus, holding presacral blockades with ropivacaine is an effective method of accelerating the recovery of infants with NEC, bringing the methodology of conducting to the fast track technology.
1. Bairov V. G., Karavayeva S. A., Amidhonova S. A., Suchocka A. A., Hidirov A. F. Comparative characteristics of anastomoses in atresia of small and large intestine in the newborn. Pediatric Surgery (Russia). 2013;(5):20-23.
2. Karpova I. J., Parshikov V. V., Batanov G. B. Experience of surgical treatment of infants with necrotizing enterocolitis. Vestnik khirurgii imeni I. I. Grekova. 2012;171(2):58-60.
3. Parshikov V. V., Ploharsky N. A., Karpova I. Y., Rites V. P. Experience with laparostomy in the treatment of necrotizing enterocolitis in stage before erforation. Pediatric Surgery (Russia). 2011;(2):50-51.
4. Knorring G. Y., Sternin Y. I., Minaev S. V., Novozhilov A. A. Intensification of antibiotic therapy for chronic inflammatory diseases. Voen Med Zh. 2008;329(10):35-40.
5. Hall N. J., Eaton S., Pierro A. Necrotizing enterocolitis: Prevention, treatment, and outcome. J Pediatr Surg. 2013;48(12):2359-2367. doi:10.1016/j.jpedsurg. 2013.08.006
6. Papillon S., Castle S. L., Gayer C. P., Ford H. R. Necrotizing Enterocolitis Contemporary Management and Outcomes. Adv Pediatr. 2013;60:263-279. doi:10.1016/j. yapd.2013.04.011
7. Obedin A. N., Kachanov A. V., Annenkov M. V., Tovkan E. A., Kiriyenko O. S. Necrotizing enterocolitis in newborns. Do we all do to save their patients? Meditsinskii Vestnik Severnogo Kavkaza. – Medical News of North Caucasus. 2015;10(2):140-143; doi:10.14300/ mnnc.2015.10026
8. Tsap N. A., Kuznetsov N. N., Novoselova O. V., Abolina T. B. Surgical treatment and prognosis of the postoperative period in infants with necrotizing enterocolitis. Pediatric Surgery (Russia). 2004;(2):13-15.
9. Minaev S. V., Isaeva A. V., Tovkan E. A., Zagumennaya I. Y., Kachanov A. V., Filipeva N. V. Ultrasound diagnosis in infants with necrotizing enterocolitis. Doctor.Ru. 2014;3(91):31-33.
10. Karavaeva S. A. Diagnosis and clinical features of necrotizing enterocolitis in children. Vestnik khirurgii imeni I. I. Grekova. 2008;161(4):41-44.
11. Karavaeva S. A., Popova E. B., Suchocka A., Levadny Y. Neckrotising enterocolitis – diagnosis and treatment: a tutorial. – St. Petersburg, 2015;42.
12. Raval M. V., Hall N. J., Pierro A., Moss R. L. Evidence- based prevention and surgical treatment of necrotizing enterocolitis-a review of randomized co n trolled trials. Semin. Pediatr. Surg. 2013;3:117-121.
13. Amer M. D., Hedlund E., Rochester J., Caplan M. S. Platelet-activating factor concentration in the stool of human newborns: effects of enteral feeding and neonatal necrotizing. Biol. Neonate. 2004;85(3):159-166.
14. Eaton S., Rees C. M., Hall N. J. Current research in necrotizing enterocolitis. Early Hum Dev. 2016;97:33-39. doi:10.1016/j.earlhumdev.2016.01.013
15. Minaev S. V., Isaeva A. V., Tovkan E. A., Gudiev Ch. G., Timofeev S. I. et al. The prognostic value of bactericidal/ permeability-increasing protein in infants with congenital pathology of the gastrointestinal tract. Meditsinskii Vestnik Severnogo Kavkaza. – Medical News of North Caucasus. 2014;9(2):116-119. doi:10.14300/ mnnc.2014.09032
16. Siggers R. H., Siggers J., Thymann T., Boye M., Sangild P. T. Nutritional modulation of the gut microbiota and immune system in preterm neonates susceptible to necrotizing enterocolitis. J Nutr Biochem. 2011;22(6):511- 521. doi: 10.1016/j.jnutbio.2010.08.002
17. Watkins D.J., Besner G.E. The role of the intestinal microcirculation in necrotizing enterocolitis. Semin. Pediatr. Surg. 2013;22:83-87. doi: 0.1007/s00383- 015-3697-9
Keywords: necrotizing enterocolitis, CHEOPS scale, treatment, fast track, newborns