310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
In the process of our epidemiological study, practically 100 % prevalence of hard tissue involvement of teeth among working age and elderly population of Stavropol Krai was established. Intensity of decay, by CFE index, increased with the age by 2–3 units. CFE index analysis has shown that with increasing age the proportion of extracted teeth grew from 43.0 % to 69.4 % and reduced the proportion of carious and filled teeth from 22.4 % to 9.5 % and from 34.6 % to 21.1 %, respectively. Therefore, the elderly population of the Stavropol Territory needs to develop and implement programs aimed at providing specialized assistance, increasing the availability of regular preventive, therapeutic and restorative and supportive dental care of the state of the oral cavity of an elderly person. One of the most effective, low cost and affordable for the elderly population in the dental care should be the prevention of dental diseases and their complications.
1. Agranovich N. V., Mkhitaryan A. K. Pridneprovsky nauchny vestnik. Nauchny zhurnal. – Pridneprovsky scientific bulletin. 2012;9 (131):110-112.
2. Agranovich N. V., Mkhitaryan A. K. Analiz rasprostranennosti osnovnykh stomatologicheskikh zabolevany u lits pozhilogo vozrasta Stavropolskogo kraya. Aktualnye voprosy geriatrii. Pyatigorsk; 2013. Р. 23-26.
3. Gunchev V. V. Profilaktika stomatologicheskikh zabolevany. Izhevsk;2008. 324 р.
4. Ivanova Ye. V. Sovershenstvovaniye okazaniya terapevticheskoy stomatologicheskoy pomoshchi litsam pozhilogo i starcheskogo vozrasta v sovremennykh usloviyakh. M.; 2009.
5. Karakov K. G., Mkhitaryan A. K., Porfiriadis M. P. Sravnitelny analiz nuzhdayemosti lits trudosposobnogo vozrasta g. Stavropolya i Stavropolskogo kraya v stomatologicheskoy pomoshchi. Aktualnye voprosy sovremennoy meditsiny. Yekaterinburg; 2014. 311 р.
Keywords: dental disease, adults, prevention