310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
128 pregnant women in three groups were examined: 47 women with preterm birth (PB) in the period of 35–37 weeks and 36 women with gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) were included into 2 main groups. The control group consisted of 45 conditionally healthy women with uncomplicated pregnancy and childbirth. The levels of cytokines: tumor necrosis factor-α (TNF-α), transforming growth factor-β (TGF-β), interleukin-1β (IL-1β) and interleukin-10 (IL-10) in serum and amnioticfluid were studied by an enzyme immunoassay.
General patterns and certain features of regulatory reactions in PB and GDM are identified, which gives grounds for the development of diagrams for the diagnosis and treatment of these conditions and will lead to a decrease in perinatal losses.
1 Serov V. N. Emergency conditions in obstetrics: a guide for doctors. M.: «GEOTAR-Media», 2011. (In. Russ.).
2. Tetruashvili N. K. Early pregnancy loss (immunological aspects, ways to prevent and treat). M., 2008. (In Russ.).
3. Drukker N. A., Linde V. A., Zenkina Z. V., Avrutskaya V. V., Nekrasova M. G. Involvement of proinflammatory cytokines of amniotic fluid in the regulation of nitric oxide levels during preterm labor. Rossiyskiy vestnik akushera-ginekologa. – Russian Bulletin of the obstetrician-gynecologist. 2013;13(6):16-18. (In Russ.).
4. Holcberg G., Huleihel M., Sapir O., Katz M., Tsadkin M. [et al.]. Increased production of tumor necrosis factor-alpha TNF-alpha by IUGR human placentae. Eur. J. Obstet. Gynecol. Reprod. Biol. 2001;94(1):69-72.
5. Kinnunen K., Piippo N., Loukovaara S., Hytti M., Kaarniranta K., Kauppinen A. Lysosomal destabilization activates the NLRP3 inflammasome in human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs). J. Cell. Commun. Signal. 2017;11(3):275-279. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12079-017-0396-4
6. Avrutskaya V. V., Krukiyer I. I., Degtyareva A. S., Kravchenko L. V., Avilova O. V. The role of cytokine products in women with physiological and complicated pregnancy retardation. Rossiyskiy immunologicheskiy zhurnal. – Russian immunological journal. 2015;9(1):5-7. (In Russ.).
7. Duhig K., Chappell L. C., Shennan A. H. Oxidative stress in pregnancy and reproduction. Obstet. Med. 2016;9(3):113- 116. https://doi.org/doi: 10.1177/1753495X16648495
Keywords: gestational diabetes mellitus, premature birth, amniotic fluid, blood serum, TNF-α, TGF-β, IL-1β and IL-10