310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
Clinical and genetic examination of 48 children with complex symptomatic muscular hypotension (MH) was performed. The role of hereditary factors in connection with some childhood diseases was studied. In 23 children and their parents a high prevalence of connective tissue dysplasia was revealed and Ehlers – Danlosaʹs syndrome was identified. In 12 cases MH were caused by hereditary neuromuscular diseases: progressive muscular dystrophies and Verdnig – Hoffmanʹs disease. These were confirmed by the genetic analysis. In 13 children MH was caused by perinatal lesions. The overwhelming presence of connective tissue dysplasia signs in children with MH suggests the presence of connective tissue pathology. In the other cases, the use of molecular genetics analysis is useful for the differential diagnosis.
1. Badalyan L. O. Nasledstvennye bolezni. Tashkent: «Medicina», 1980. (In Russ.).
2. Goldenen Yu. Р., Dolgova I. N. Starodubtsev A. I. Results of dynamic observation of patients of young age who have had a transient ischemic attack. Kubanskij nauchnyj medicinskij vestnik. – Kuban scientific medical Bulletin. 2009;5:129-132. (In Russ.).
3. Dubowitz V. Floppy infants. London. 2ed., 1985.
4. Il’enko A. I., Golosnoy G. S., Petrukhin A. S. Follow-up study of children with perinatal pathology of the CNS. Pediatriya. – Pediatriya. 1996;5:46-49. (In Russ.).
5. Kozlova S. I., Semanova E., Demikova N. S., Blinnikova O. E. Nasledstvennye sindromy i mediko-geneticheskoe konsul’tirovanie. Moskva: «Praktika», 1996. (In Russ.).
6. Filipenko P. S., Drapeza E. M., Dolgova I. N., Malooka Y. S. Pathology of internal organs in young patients with the syndrome of connective tissue dysplasia. Sovremennye naukoemkie tekhnologii. – Modern science-intensive technologies. 2004;5:16-18. (In Russ.).
7. Grinio L. P., Agafonov B. V. Miopatii. Moskva: «Medicina», 1997. (In Russ.).
8. Ivanova-Smolenskaya I. А. the role of molecular genetic analysis in clinical neurogenetics. Nevrologicheskij zhurnal. – Neurological journal. 1998;3:4-8. (In Russ.).
9. Fidzianska A., Glinka Z., Kaminska A., Pope F. M. Type III collagen deficient EDS IV producing muscular hypotonia with abnormal muscle fibroblasts. Neuropediatrics. 1991;22(4):228-232.
Keywords: muscular hypotonia, connective tissue pathology, differential diagnosis