310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 865 2352511, +7 865 2353229.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
Evaluating the pain response in children is difficult. Nevertheless, the search for methods with which to assess pain objectively in newborns with surgical pathology of the digestive tract remains urgent. Therefore, we conducted a study of the serum concentrations of pain markers (substance P and neurokinin A) in infants to determine the relation of each of these indicators to pain-intensity scales (COMFORT, VAS). This objective evaluation of pain in newborns allowed the provision of individualized care to these and other infants with necrotizing enterocolitis at various stages of the disease.
1. Minaev S., Isaeva A., Tovkan E., Gudiev C., Timofeev S. [et al.] The prognostic value of bactericidal/permeabilityincreasing protein in infants with congenital pathology of the gastrointestinal tract. Medical News of North Caucasus. 2014;9(2):116-119. https://doi.org/10.14300/mnnc.2014.09032
2. Obedin A., Kachanov A., Annenkov M., Tovkan E., Kiriyenko O. Necrotizing enterocolitis of newborns: do we do everything to save our patients? Medical News of North Caucasus. 2015;10(2):140-143. https://doi.org/10.14300/mnnc.2015.10032
3. Minaev S. V., Kirgizov I. V., Gladkyy A., Shishkin I., Gerasimenko I. Outcome of laparoscopic treatment of anorectal malformations in children. World J. Surg. 2017;41(2):625-629. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00268-016-3699-3
4. Cremillieux C., Makhlouf A., Pichot V., Trombert B., Patural H. Objective assessment of induced acute pain in neonatology with the Newborn Infant Parasympathetic Evaluation index. Eur. J. Pain. 2018;22(6):1071-1079. https://doi.org/10.1002/ejp.1191
5. Raimkulov B. N., Raimkulova K. B. General characteristics of pain. Mechanism of pain (Review). Vestnik KazNMU. 2016;2:307-309.
Keywords: pain, substance P, neurokinin A, COMFORT, VAS, NEC, newborns