310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
Expression of matrix metalloproteinases (MMP-2 and MMP-9) in tissues of benign (nevi, dysplastic nevus) and malignant skin pigmentation neoplasms in 60 patients by immunohistochemical method was studied.
MMP-9 expression in melanoma cells was 6 and 2.9 times higher than in nevi and dysplastic nevi. MMP-2 expression was maximal in dysplastic nevi and exceeded expression values in nevi by 1.4 times (p<0.05); there was no significant difference in the expression of MMP-2 between dysplastic nevi and melanoma. Thus, significant differences in the expression level of MMP-9 with the dynamics of the index increase in the «nevus – dysplastic nevus – melanoma» series are shown. A more pronounced intensity of staining of both MMPs (with a predominance of strongly and moderately positive reactions) was characteristic of tissues of the malignant neoplasms of the skin.
1. Zlatnik Ye. Yu., Bakhtin A. V., Kochuyev S. S., Novikova I. A., Selyutina O. N., Nepomnyashchaya Ye. M., Przhedetsky Yu. V., Pozdnyakova V. V., Zakharova N. A. Factors of local cellular immunity in skin melanoma. Sovremennye problem nauki i obrazovaniya. – Modern problems of science and education. 2015;5. Available at: http://scienceeducation. ru/21801. Accenssed May 17, 2018. (In Russ.).
2. Novikova I. A., Maksimova N. A., Pozdnyakova V. V., Maksimova M. I., Ilchenko M. G., Ulyanova Ye. P., Grankina A. O. Some immunohistochemical features of cutaneous melanocytic lesions. Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya. – Modern problems of science and education. 2016;5. Available at: http://scienceeducation.ru/25132. Accenssed May 17, 2018. (In Russ.).
3. Sergeyev Yu. V., Ilyina Ye. E., Chervonnaya L. V. Dysplastic nevus as a melanoma precursor. Ways of its research and diagnostics. Materialy 3 foruma meditsiny i krasoty NADK. M., 2010. Available at: http://dermatology/ru=2077-3544. Accenssed May 17, 2018. (In Russ.).
4. Shevchenko A. N., Kit O. I., Komarova Ye. F., Nikipelova Ye. A., Demidova A. A., Pakus D. I., Filatova Ye. V., Khomutenko I. A. Characteristics of tissue expression of extracellular matrix proteolytic enzymes and their inhibitors in patients with bladder cancer. Onkourologiya. – Oncourology. 2017;13(2):96-103. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.17650/1726-9776-2017-13-2-96-103
5. Rundhaug J. E. Matrix metalloproteinases and angiogenesis. J. Cell Mol. Med. 2005;9(2):267-285 https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1582-4934.2005. tb00355.x
6. Stellas D., Hamidieh A. El, Patsavoudi E. Monoclonal antibody 4C5 prevents activation of MMP2 and MMP9 by disrupting their interaction with extracellular HSP90 and inhibits formation of metastatic breast cancer cell deposits. BMC cell biology. 2010;11(1):51.
7. Bauvois B. New facets of matrix metalloproteinases MMP-2 and MMP-9 as cell surface transducers: outside-in signaling and relationship to tumor progression. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA)-Reviews on Cancer. 2012;1825(1):29-36.
8. Aksenenko M. B., Ruksha T. G. Features of matrix metalloproteinase-2 expression in the nuclei of tumor cells of a skin melanoma. Vestnik dermatologii i venerologii. – Vestnik of dermatology and venereology. 2014;3:65-71. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.25208/0042-4609-2014-0-3
9. Aksenenko M. B., Shestakova L. A., Ruksha T. G. Features of metastasis of transplanted B16 melanoma after inhibition of MMP-9. Sibirskiy onkologicheskiy zhurnal. – Sibirsky onkologichesky zhurnal. 2012;49(1):31-35. (In Russ.).
Keywords: nevus, dysplastic nevus, melanoma, matrix metalloproteinases-2 and 9