310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
The effect of the resistin level on the efficacy of pathogenetic therapy of patients with chronic glomerulonephritis was assessed. We examined 80 patients with CGN, of which 30 had nephrotic, 50 – nephritic variant. All patients were included during the exacerbation of glomerulonephritis and received pathogenetic therapy according to clinical protocols. The period of prospective follow-up was 12 months. In addition to clinical eamination and nephrobiopsy, all patients were tested for serum resistance in the serum by an enzyme immunoassay. Hyperresistinemia was associated with a more severe course of glomerulonephritis, mainly with nephrotic syndrome and a greater need for glucocorticoids and diuretics. The level of resistinemia had no independent effect on the probability of remission, but in combination with a high degree of hypertension, signs of renal dysfunction, tubulointerstitial lesions, hyperresistinemia reduced the possibility of complete remission in chronic glomerulonephritis.
1. Sood A., Shore S. A. Adiponectin, Leptin, and Resistin in Asthma: Basic Mechanisms through Population Studies. J. Allergy (Cairo). 2013;785835. [Epub 2013 Oct 30]. https://doi:org/10.1155/2013/785835
2. Azuma K., Oguchi S., Matsubara Y. Novel resistin promoter polymorphisms: association with serum resistin level in Japanese obese individuals. Horm. Metab. Res. 2004;36(8):564-570. https://doi:org/10.1055/s-2004-825762
3. Badoer E., Kosari S., Stebbing M. J. Resistin, an Adipokine with Non-Generalized Actions on Sympathetic Nerve Activity. Front. Physiol. 2015;10(6):321. https://doi:org/10.3389/fphys.2015.00321
4. Batiushin M. M., Gadaborsheva H. Z. Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1: a role in the development of tubulointerstitial fibrosis in nephropathies. Medicinskii vestnik Severnogo Kavkaza. – Medical News of North Caucasus. 2017;12(2):234-239. (In Russ.) https://doi:org/10.14300/mnnc.2017.12067
5. Kang Y. E., Kim J. M., Joung K. H., Lee J. H., You B. R., Choi M. J., Ryu M. J., Ko Y. B., Lee M. A., Lee J., Ku B. J., Shong M., Lee K. H., Kim H. J. The Roles of Adipokines, Proinflammatory Cytokines, and Adipose Tissue Macrophages in Obesity-Associated Insulin Resistance in Modest Obesity and Early Metabolic Dysfunction. PLoS One. 2016;21:11-15. https://doi:org/10.1371/journal.pone.0154003
6. Ozkok A., Atas R., Cinar S. A., Yilmaz A., Aktas E., Deniz G., Yildiz A. CD133+ cells are associated with adipocytokines and endothelial dysfunction in hemodialysis patients. BMC Nephrol. 2017;18(1):250. https://doi:org/10.1186/s12882-017-0663-x
7. Ren Y., Wan T., Zuo Z., Cui H., Peng X., Fang J., Deng J., Hu Y., Yu S., Shen L., Ma X., Wang Y., Ren Z. Resistin increases the expression of NOD2 in mouse monocytes. Exp. Ther. Med. 2017;13(5):2523-2528. https://doi:org/10.3892/etm.2017.4288
8. Zuniga M. C., Raghuraman G., Hitchner E., Weyand C., Robinson W., Zhou W. PKC-epsilon and TLR4 synergistically regulate resistin-mediated inflammation in human macrophages. Atherosclerosis. 2017;259:51-59. https://doi:org/10.1016/j.atherosclerosis.2017.02.021
9. Akagun T., Caliskan Y., Yazici H., Ozkok A., Telci A., Turkmen A., Yildiz A., Sever M. S. Elevated resistin levels are associated with inflammation in hemodialysis patients with failed renal allografts. Int. J. Artif. Organs. 2014;37(5): 358-363. https://doi:org/10.5301/ijao.5000319
10. Marouga A., Dalamaga M., Kastania A. N., Kroupis C., Lagiou M., Saounatsou K., Dimas K., Vlahakos D. V. Circulating resistin is a significant predictor of mortality independently from cardiovascular comorbidities in elderly, non-diabetic subjects with chronic kidney disease. Biomarkers. 2016;21(1):73-79. https://doi:org/10.3109/1354750X.2015.1118536
11. Batiushin M. M., Dmitrieva O. V., Terent’ev V. P., Davidenko K. S. Calculation methods for predicting the risk of developing analgesic interstitial kidney damage. Terapevticheskij arhiv. – Therapeutic archive. 2008;6: 62-65. (In Russ.).
Keywords: resistin, chronic glomerulonephritis, nephrotic syndrome, nephritic syndrome