310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
The article presents the analysis of medical and social risks of chronic pain syndrome in providing palliative care to older persons (elderly and senile), according to a specialized geriatric examination. Methods of investigation: specialized geriatric examination, visual analogue scale (VAS). The sample groups consisted of persons with pain rates >4 points, which corresponded to moderate and severe pain. It was reliably proven that the risk frequency was directly related to the severity and duration of the pain, and likelihood of risk manifestation was significantly higher in elderly people who suffered from its complications (hypomobility, apathy, social isolation, malnutrition, depression).
1. Il’nickij A. N., Prashchayeu K. I. Gerontologija. – Gerontology. 2013;1(1):408-412.
2. Lapotnikov V. A., Petrov V. N. Medicinskaja sestra. – Nurse. 2011;1:17-21.
3. Novikov G. A., Rudoj S. V., Vajsman M. A., Efimov M. A. Palliativnaja medicina i reabilitacija. – Palliative medicine and rehabilitation. 2008;4:5-10.
4. Novikov G. A., Rudoj S. V., Vajsman M. A., Samojlenko V. V. Palliativnaja medicina i reabilitacija. – Palliative medicine and rehabilitation. 2010;4:6-10.
5. Cyganok M. F., Tjapina S. V. Klinicheskaja gerontologija. – Clinical gerontology. 2007;9:100.
6. Bachmann S., Finger C., Huss A., Egger M., Stuck A., Clough-Gorr K. Brit. Med. J. 2010;340:1718.
7. Rockwood K., Mitnitski A. J. Gerontology. Ser. (Biological Sciences and Medical Sciences). 2007;62:722-727.
Keywords: geriatrics, gerontology, palliative care, pain management, geriatric syndromes