310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
Connective tissue dysplasia is observed in a significant part of the modern population of the Earth; it is one of the causes of the multifactorial diseases. One of the manifestations of connective tissue dysplasia syndrome is joint hypermobility. The prevalence of the joint hypermobility syndrome (JHS) was studied on the basis of criteria by R. Beighton in 760 students of the medical faculty. The results of the study were assessed as follows: 1–2 points – normal, 3–4 – mild hypermobility, 5–8 – moderate hypermobility, 9 – severe, or total hypermobility. Approximately 30 % of the men surveyed and 40 % of women had moderate or severe hypermobility, which could be considered as JHS manifestation. Differences in the frequency and severity of connective tissue dysplasia syndrome in young men and women were found. Indirectly, based on the R. Beighton score points distribution, the
polygenic inheritance of SDTT has been shown, significant incidence of joint manifestations has been revealed. The association of the above syndrome with a number of somatic diseases makes it possible to reveal risk groups for the timely prevention.
1. Evsevyeva M. E., Eremin M. V., Koshel V. I. Meditsinskii vestnik Severnogo Kavkaza. – Medical News of North Caucasus. 2016;11(2-2):351-353.
2. Popov I. V. TERRA MEDICA. 2012;1:55-57. 3. Sidorovich O. V., Goremykin V. I., Elizarova S. Yu., Korolyova I. V. Saratovskij nauchno-medicinskij zhurnal. – Saratov Journal of Medical Scientific Research. 2011;7(1):123-126.
4. Yakovlev V. M., Yagoda A. V., Rubanova N. A. Meditsinskii vestnik Severnogo Kavkaza. – Medical News of North Caucasus. 2013;8(3):92-94.
5. Tikhomirova N. Yu., Eliseeva L. N., Baste Z. A., Malkhasyan I. G. Kubanskij nauchnyj medicinskij vestnik. – Kuban scientific medical Herald. 2014;6:87-90.
6. Tikhomirova N. Yu., Yeliseyeva L. N., Zhdamarova O. I. [et al.]. Kubanskij nauchnyj medicinskij vestnik. – Kuban scientific medical Herald. 2017;1:134-139.
7. Beighton R. Inherited disorders of sceleton, Churchill livigstone. Edinburg, 1988. P. 403-433.
Keywords: connective tissue dysplasia, prevalence among young adults, criteria