310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
Cardio-ankle vascular index (CAVI) has a high prognostic significance for development of cardiovascular events. However, its values in the young population are quite vague still. In 149 students (55 boys, 94 girls) from 17 to 22 years old were assessed the vascular wall by indicators of CAVI using the device Vasera VS-1500 (Fukuda Denshi, Japan). Percentile analysis showed that the 95th percentile for boys at R-CAVI and L-CAVI was 7.1 and 7.2, and for the girls on these indicators is 6.8 and 7.0, respectively. The results of comprehensive analysis of values of CAVI index showed that half of boys and half girls are placed in interval from 5.0 to 5.9 units. Bearers of the specified indicator at the level above 7.0 among boys and girls identified of 10.5 % and 3.1 %, respectively. Among 55 boys individuals with high level of CAVI-R were 6 (10.9 %) people and CAVI-L – 7 (12.7 %). These young men had differed vascular age at 40–44 years. Among them met the person with the presence of traditional RF (smoking, family history) and not traditional RF (CTD). Thus our data is expedient to take into account during medical examination of students, which in recent years grow at the bases of various universities of the Russian Federation, including StSMU.
1. Druk I. V., Nechaeva G. I., Oseeva O. V., Pomorgajlo E. G., Maksimov V. N. [et al.] Personalized assessment of risk of development of unfavourable cardiovascular manifestations in young patients with connective tissue dysplasia. Сardiology. 2015;55(3):75-84. doi: 10.18565/cardio. 2015.3.75-84
2. Evsevyeva M. E., Eremin V. A., Eremin M. V., Galykova I. Yu., Chudnovskiy E. V., Rusidi A. V. The student’s health center: the main activities at the present stage. Preventive Medicine. 2013;16(1):8-12.
3. Eremin M. V., Evsevyeva M. E., Koshel V. I. Heredity connective tissue diseases and student’s medical examination: aspects of screening diagnosis. Medical News of North Caucasus. 2016;11(2):351-353. doi: 10.14300/mnnc.2016.11075
4. Chu C., Dai Y., Mu J., Yang R., Wang M. [et al.] Associations of risk factors in childhood with arterial stiffness 26 years later: the Hanzhong adolescent hypertension cohort. J. Hypert. 2017; 35, Suppl.1:10-15. doi:10.1097/HJH.0000000000001242
5. di Chiara A., Vanuzzo D. Does surveillance impact on cardiovascular prevention? Eur. Heart. J. 2009;30(9):1027–1029. doi: 10.1093/eurheartj/ehp025
6. The ESC Textbook of Preventive Cardiology. Ed. by Gielen S., De Backer G., Piepoli M., Wood D., Jennings C., Graham I. Oxford University Press, 2016.
Keywords: vascular stiffness, young age