310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 865 2352511, +7 865 2353229.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
Prevalence of the main types of vertebral pain syndromes in Stavropol population was studied. The records of 1897 patients with vertebral pathology aged 18–87 were analysed. The prevalence of vertebral pathology in 2014 amounted to 30 % of the total number of hospitalizations and increased in summer. Women aged 45–60 years dominated among the hospitalized patients. Reflex pain syndromes (74 %) and compression radicular pain syndromes (26 %) consisted the most common type of pathology. Additional examination often revealed degenerative-dystrophic changes of the spine. Complex treatment in most cases was effective, the proportion of neurosurgery was low.
1. Vyshlova I. A. Kubansky nauchny meditsinsky vestnik. – Kuban Research Medical Gazette. 2012;2:47-49.
2. Vyshlova I. A., Karpov S. M., Golovkova O. E. Medicinskii vestnik Severnogo Kavkaza. – Medical News of north Caucasus. 2015;10(3):232-235. doi: 10.14300/ mnnc.2015.10053
3. Vyshlova I. A., Karpov S. M., Shevchenko P. P., Chigrina N. V. Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovanija. – Modern problems of science and education. 2015:4; URL: www.science-education.ru/127-20693
4. Kukushkin M. L., Hitrov N. K. Obshhaja patologija boli. M.: «Medicina»; 2004. 44 р.
5. Merskey H., Bogduk N. Classification of chronic pain: descriptions of chronic pain syndromes and definitions of pain terms/prepared by International Association for the Study of Pain, Task Force on Taxonomy; editors, 2nd ed. Seattle: IASP Press; 1994. 222 р.
Keywords: vertebral pain syndrome, epidemiology, treatment