310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
Research objective – to improve quality of life (QL) at patients after mammary gland operations, concerning cancer.
For achievement of a goal we carried out studying of indicators of quality of life at 56 patients to whom the mastectomy concerning cancer of a mammary gland was performed. Average age of patients was 48±5 years. The term from a moment of operative treatment made from 1 year to 5 years. All patients had mastectomy, then chemotherapy and radiation therapy. The level of depression was defined by Beck scale. A special questionnaire including 33 questions was developed for assessment of indicators of QL.
As a result of the conducted researches it was established that the patients after mastectomy performed concerning mammary gland cancer developed complications in the postoperative period which influenced QL of these patients. Thus all complications can conditionally be divided into two groups: the mental complications connected with depression development; complications connected directly with operative treatment, chemotherapy and radiation therapy. For the purpose of reduction of influence of these complications on QL of the operated patients, we offered rehabilitation actions.
1. Davydov, M. I., Aksel’ E. M. Vestnik onkologiches-kogo nauchnogo centra im. N. N. Blohina RAMN. – Vestnik cancer research center. Non RAMS. 2009;19(2):23.
2. Malygin, S. E. Prakticheskaja onkologija: izbrannye lekcii. S.-Pb. : Centr-TOMM;2004. P. 94, 95, 97.
3. Chissov, V. I. Zlokachestvennye novoobrazovanija v Rossii. M.; 2002. P. 65.
4. Beck А. Т., Ward C. H., Mendelson M. [et al.]. Archives of General Psychiatry. 1961;4:3-12.
5. Baychorov E. Kh., Kunpan I. A. Meditsinsky vestnik Severnogo Kavkaza. – Medical News of North Caucasus. 2013;8(2):37-38.
Keywords: cancer of a mammary gland, mastectomy, quality of life, postoperative rehabilitation