310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
The article presents clinical case of repeated surgical treatment of a patient with traumatic injury of an anterior cruciate ligament. The patient had two arthroplastic surgeries of anterior cruciate ligament. The first arthroplasty with the artificial graft was not successful. The second surgery with autograft was successful and led to a positive result. This clinical case shows that artificial graft can cause chronic synovitis, gonarthrosis and graft rupture. Tendinous graft use allows to reconstruct anatomical state of a ligament and to restore static and dynamic functions of a knee joint even in the cases of an old injuries and repeated surgery. The clinical case also shows the importance of MRI for the diagnostics of knee joint injuries and for the assessment of treatment efficacy.
1. Thompson S. M., Salmon L. J., Waller A., Linklater J., Roe J. P., Pinczewski L. A. Twenty-year outcome of a longitudinal prospective evaluation of isolated endoscopic anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction with patellar tendon or hamstring autograft. Am. J. Sports Med. 2016;44:2579- 2588. https://doi.org/10.1177/0363546516655333
2. Tibor L., Chan P. H., Funahashi T. T., Wyatt R., Maletis G. B., Inacio M. C. Surgical technique trends in primary ACL reconstruction from 2007 to 2014. J. Bone Joint Surg. Am. 2016;98:1079-1089. https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.15.00881
3. Hollenberg G. M., Veinberg E. P., Meyers S. P. MRI of musculoskeletal system. Differential diagnostics. Moskva: MEDpress-inform, 2018. (In Russ.).
4. Gumerov R. A., Gumerov A. A., Psyanchin T. S., Ignatiev A. Yu., Hidiyatov I. I. Pigmentary villous gonarthritis in children. Meditsinskii vestnik Severnogo Kavkaza. – Medical News of North Caucasus. 2018;13(2):373-376. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.14300/mnnc.2018.13053
5. Karaseva T. Y., Karasev E. A. Arthroscopy technologies in treatment of patients with the knee instability. Genii ortopedii. – Genius of Orthopedics. 2013;4:38-43. (In Russ.).
Keywords: anterior cruciate ligament, knee joint, arthroplasty