310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
Currently, one of the prognostic criteria for the development of cardiovascular pathology in type 2 diabetes mellitus (DM) is the patient’s genetic characteristics. The study involved 258 patients with type 2 DM, of which 50 were carried out genetic testing with the study of polymorphisms of genes AGT:704, AGTR1:1166, GNB3:825, NOS3:–786, NOS3. The presence of remodeling in patients with DM is associated with an increase in the frequency of registration of NOS3:894 gene polymorphism in the form of a combination of mutation homozygotes and heterozygotes by 27.9 %, heterozygous polymorphism of this gene is associated with the identification of an unfavorable version of left ventricular myocardial remodeling concentric hypertrophy (p=0.04). A tendency to an increase in the frequency of the mutation-homozygotes of the gene GNB3:825 by 17.6 % and NOS3:–786 by 26.4 %, as for the heterozygotes of the AGT:704 gene polymorphism by 22.6 % and AGTR1:1166 by 16.7 %. As a result of our study revealed that the development of structural heart remodeling might be associated with polymorphism of genes encoding NOS3, as well as those responsible for the activity of the ACF: AGT, AGTR1, GNB3. Based on the results of genetic testing, it is possible to assess the prognosis of the disease and rationally select drug therapy, which helps to prevent the development of severe complications of DM.
1. Degaeva T. A., Radaykina O. G., Usanova A. A., Goncharova L. N., Antipov V. N. [et al.] Gene polymorphism of endothelial nitric oxide synthases-3 in patients with arterial hypertension and diabetes mellitus type II, residing within the territory of the Republic of Mordovia. Bulletin of the Mordovian University. 2013;(1):53-56.
2. Zheleznyakova A. V., Lebedeva N. O., Vikulova O. K., Nosikov V. V., Shamkhalova M. Sh. [et al.] The risk of developing chronic kidney disease in patients with type 2 diabetes is determined polymorphism of genes NOS3, APOB, KCNJ11, TCF7L2. Diabetes. 2014;(3):23-30.
3. Shlyakhto E. V., Konradi A. O. The role of genetic factors in remodeling the cardiovascular system in hypertension. Arterial hypertension. 2002;8(3):107-114.
4. Sergeeva T. V., Kobalava J. D., Moiseev V. S., Chistyakov D. A. Genetic aspects of hypertension. Doctor. 2000;(2):9-10.
5. Khokhlov A. L., Sirotkina A. M., Voronina E. A., Lileeva E. G., Rybachkova Yu.V. [et al.] Clinical and genetic associations in voluntary hypertension. Bulletin of the North-Western State Medical University. I. I. Mechnikov. 2012;4(2):80-86.
6. Khokhlov A. L., Rybachkova Yu. V. Genetic testing in predicting the course of chronic heart failure against the background of arterial hypertension. Vedomosti of Scientific Center for Expertise of Medical Products. 2016;(1):56-60.
7. Quanbin Xu, Jensen Dane D., Peng Hua, Feng Yumei.The critical role of the central nervous system (pro)renin receptor in regulating systemic blood pressure. Pharmacol. Ther. 2016;164:126-134.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pharmthera.2016.04.006
8. Strambovskaya N. N. The prognostic role of polymorphic variants of candidate genes in patients with ischemic stroke in Transbaikalia. Basic research. 2015;(1):140-144.
9. Horne J., O’Connor C., Madill J., Rinaldi S. Polymorphisms of three genes (ACE, AGT and CYP11B2) in the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system are not associated with blood pressure salt sensitivity: a systematic meta-analysis. Blood Press. 2016;(22):12.https://doi.org/10.1080/08037051.2016.1270164
10. Williamson C. R., Khurana S., Nguyen P., Byrne C. J.,Tai T. C. Comparative Analysis of Renin-Angiotensin System (RAS)-Related Gene Expression Between Hypertensive and Normotensive Rats. Med. Sci. Monit. Basic Res. 2017;23:20-24.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5297324
11. Mareev V. Yu., Fomin I. V., Ageev F. T., Begrambekova Yu. L., Vasyuk Yu. A. [et al.] Clinical recommendations of OSSN – RKO – RNMOT. Heart failure: chronic (CHF) and acute decompensated (ODSN). Diagnosis, prevention and treatment. Cardiology. 2018;58(S6):22-25.
12. Khokhlov A. L., Pozdnyakov N. O., Rybachkova Yu. V. The value of pharmacogenetic studies in various forms of coronary heart disease. Yaroslavl: Remder. 2016.
13. Palmieri V., Bella J. N., Arnett D. K. [et al.] Effect of Type Diabetes Mellitus on Left Ventricular Geometry and Systolic Function in Hypertensive Subjects Hypertension Genetic Epidemiology Network (HyperGEN) Study. Circulation.2001;(103):102-107.https://doi.org/10.1161/01.cir.103.1.102
14. Rakov A. A., Khokhlov A. L., Fedorov V. N., Danilova O. V., Osipova N. N., Lisenkova L. A. Pharmacoepidemiology of chronic heart failure in ambulatory patients. High-quality clinical practice. 2003;(2):40-43.
15. Khokhlov A. L., Yavorsky A. N., Ignatiev V. S., Sinitsina O. A., Stepanov I. O. [et al.] Safety culture of drug therapy. Yaroslavl: Remder, 2011.
16. Khokhlov A. L., Lisenkova L. A. Pharmacoepidemiological study of antihypertensive therapy in the elderly. Clinical gerontology. 2003;9(7):31-34.
Keywords: gene polymorphism, type 2 diabetes mellitus, myocardial remodeling