310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
A comparative biochemical characteristic of the effectiveness of the correction of metabolic disorders in individuals with dependence on psychostimulants was carried out. The parameters of the prooxidant-antioxidant system, endogenous intoxication and transaminase activity in the blood plasma of patients on the background of standard therapy (1st group) and with inclusion of Remaxol for the infusion therapy (2nd group) were studied. An increase in the activity of ALT and AST by 2–2.5 times, the development of oxidative stress and endogenous intoxication in individuals with dependence on psychostimulants is shown. Treatment without antioxidants was accompanied by a further increase in ALT activity (by 42 %), a decrease in antioxidant activity, and preservation of the initial level of endogenous intoxication. The additional administration of Remaxol promoted a decrease in the activity of transaminases almost to the norm, a pronounced decrease in endotoxicosis according to the content in the blood plasma of substances with medium and low molecular weight. Thus, against the background of antioxidant correction, a more effective reduction of hepatocyte cytolysis and restoration of the balance of the prooxidant-antioxidant system has been achieved.
1. Lubchenko D. A., Redko A. N., Agibalova T. V. Features of the organization of medical and social rehabilitation of psychostimulant consumers based on their personal characteristics. Narcologiya. – Narcology. 2013;12(9):77-84. (In Russ.).
2. Mikhailova Yu. V., Abramov A. Y. Basic tendencies and causes to drug abuse spreading in the Russian Federation. Kubanskij nauchnyj medicinskij vestnik. – Kuban scientific medical journal. 2013;(5):10-13. (In Russ.).
3. Redko A. N., Lubchenko D. A., Borisenko L. N., Ermakova G. A. Mephedrone addiction issues: clinical and epidemiological aspects and organization of interagency prevention. Narcologiya. – Narcology. 2011;10(1):57-61. (In Russ.).
4. Timoshilov V. I., Sidorov G. A. The model of drug vulnerability among young people. Kubanskij nauchnyj medicinskij vestnik. – Kuban scientific medical journal. 2010;(3-4):183- 187. (In Russ.).
5. Abdullaeva V. K., Sakhozhko A. N., Khamrayev M. M. Influence of alpha-tocopherol antioxidant at oxidative stress indexes in case of heroinism. Vestnik nevrologii, psihiatrii i nejrohirurgii. – Bulletin of Neurology, Psychiatry and Neurosurgery. 2015;(11-12):51-54. (In Russ.).
6. Obukhova L. M., Andriianova N. A. The determination of the low and medium molecular weight substances in the blood serum as the additional diagnostic criterion in the cases of lethal poisoning with narcotic drugs. Sudebno-meditsinskaya ekspertiza. – Forensic-medical examination. 2014;57(6):37-39. (In Russ.).
7. Lipaus I. F. S., Gomes E. F., Martins C. W., E Silva C. M., Pires R. G. W. [et al.]. Impairment of spatial working memory and oxidative stress induced by repeated crack cocaine inhalation in rats. Behav. Brain Research. 2019;359:910- 917. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbr.2018.06.020
8. Stelmakh V. V., Kozlov V. K., Ivanova V. F., Samusenko I. A. Efficacy of the infusion hepatotropic drug remaxol in the pathogenetic therapy for cirrhotic stage chronic viral hepatitides. Terapevticheskiy arkhiv. – Therapeutic archive. 2015;87(8):67-72. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.17116/terarkh201587867-72
9. Tumanian S. V., Iartseva D. V. Effect of hepatic functional activity of the liver and endogenous intoxication in patients with ovarian cancer. Khirurgiya. Zhurnal imeni N. I. Pirogova. – Pirogov Russian Journal of Surgery. 2014;1(1):45-47. (In Russ.).
10. Benzie I. F. F., Strain J. J. The ferric reducing ability of plasma (FRAP) as a measure of «antioxidant power»: the FRAP assay. Analytical Biochemistry. 1996;239(1):70-76. https://doi.org/10.1006/abio.1996.0292
11. Karpishchenko A. I. Handbook. Medical Laboratory Technology. Sankt-Petersburg: Intermedika, 2002. (In Russ.).
12. Bykov I. М., Basov A. A., Malyshko V. V., Dzhimak S. S., Fedosov S. R., Moiseev A. V. Dynamics of the pro-oxidant/ antioxidant system parameters in wound discharge and plasma in experimental purulent wound during its technological liquid phase treatment. Bulletin of Experimental Biology and Medicine. 2017;163(2):268-271. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10517-017-3781-3
13. Dzhimak S. S., Arcybasheva O. M., Baryshev M. G., Basov A. A., Bikov I. M. [et al.]. Correction of metabolic processes in rats during chronic endotoxicosis using isotope (D/H) exchange reactions. Biology bulletin. 2015;42(5):440-448. https://doi.org/10.1134/S1062359015050064
14. Malakhova, M. Ya., Zubatkina O. V., Slepysheva V. V. Еndogenous toxemia and methods of verification. Sankt-Petersburg: «SPbMAPO», 2011. (In Russ.).
Keywords: drug addiction, psychostimulants, antioxidants, oxidative stress, endogenous intoxication