310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
The aim of the study was to assess the geometric parameters of the alveolar bone before and after reconstructive surgery based on the cone-ray computed tomography of the jaw data. A complex treatment of 105 patients with dentition defects in conditions of atrophy of the jaw bone was carried out. 70 patients of the main group, the surgical stage was performed by the method of dental implantation with a one-stage digital reconstruction of the alveolar bone with various variants of individual bone implants, according to the method proposed by the authors. An evaluation of the quantitative parameters of the newly formed bone according to the cone-ray computed tomography of the jaws after 8–9 months proved the successful application of the proposed method and the indications for the use of each of the variants of bone reconstructive implants were determined.
1. Meloni S. M., Jovanovic S. A., Urban I., Canullo L., Pisano M. [et al.]. Horizontal Ridge Augmentation using GBR with a Native Collagen Membrane and 1:1 Ratio of Particulated Xenograft and Autologous Bone: A 1-Year Prospective Clinical Study. Clinical Implant Dentistry and Related Research. 2017;19(1):38-45. https://doi.org/10.1111/cid.12429
2. Lomakin M. V., Omarov T. V. Clinical trials of dental implants in the form of analysis and evaluation of clinical data. Rossijskaja stomatologija. – Russian stomatology. 2017;10(2):20-24. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.17116/rosstomat201710220-24
3. Alfaro F. H., Puchades M. S., Martinez R. G. Total reconstruction of the atrophic maxilla with intraoral bone grafts and biomaterials: a prospective clinical study with cone beam computed tomography validation. Int. J. Oral Maxillofac. Implants. 2013;28(1):241-251. https://doi.org/10.11607/jomi.2405
4. Grimm W.-D., Ploger M., Schau I., Vukovic M. A., Sirak S. [et al.]. Сomplex, three-dimensional reconstruction of critical size defects following delayed implant placement using stem cell-containing subepithelial connective tissue graft and allogenic human bone blocks for horizontal alveolar bone augmentation: a case report as proof of clinical study principles. Medical News of North Сaucasus. 2014;2(9):125-127. https://doi.org/10.14300/mnnc.2014.09037
5. Leong D. J., Oh T.-J., Benavides E., Al-Hezaimi K., Misch C. E. [et al.]. Comparison between sandwich bone augmentation and allogenic block graft for vertical ridge augmentation in the posterior mandible. Implant. Dent. 2015;24(1):4-12. https://doi.org/10.1097/id.0000000000000180
6. Anastasieva E. A., Sadovoy M. A., Voropaeva A. A., Kirilova I. A. The use of auto- and allotransplants for replacement of bone defects in resections of bone tumors (literature review). Travmatologiya i ortopediya Rossii. – Traumatology and orthopedics in Russia. 2017;23(3):148-155. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.21823/2311-2905-2017-23-3-148-155
7. Urban I. A., Monje A., Wang H. L. Vertical Ridge Augmentation and Soft Tissue Reconstruction of the Anterior Atrophic Maxillae: A Case SeriesInt. J. Periodontics Restorative Dent. 2015;35(5):613-623. https://doi.org/10.11607/prd.2481
8. Krasny M., Krasny K., Kamiński A., Fiedor P. Allogeneic materials in complications associated with pre-implantation restoration of maxillary and mandibular alveolar processes. A four case report. Cell Tissue Bank. 2014;15(3):381- 389. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10561-013-9398-5
9. Draenert F. G., Berthold M., Kämmerer P. W., Neff A. Complications with allogeneic, cancellous bone blocks in vertical alveolar ridge augmentation: prospective clinical case study and review of the literature. Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology. 2016;122(2):31-43. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oooo.2016.02.018
10. Misch C. E., Judy K. W. Classification of partially edentulous arches for implant dentistry. Int. J. Oral Implantol. 1987;4(2):7-13.
Keywords: dental implantation, alveolar bone atrophy, cone-beam computed tomography, individual reconstructive bone implants