310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
Among 103 patients, latex ligation of internal hаemorrhoids was performed. Patients (n=103) were divided into the main (n=51) and control (n=52) groups. In the main group, treatment was supplemented with postoperative treatment of the perianal area with Hepatrombin H® ointment and excision of external hаemorrhoids. In the course of treatment, blood flow velocity was measured in external hаemorrhoids using sonography before ligation 1 and 2 (1 and 10) 30 days after the end of treatment. In patients of both groups, on day 10 after the first latex ligation, there was a decrease in the maximum and minimum blood flow rates by 35.7±16.7 % and by 30.5±13.6 %, respectively. In 2 patients (4.1 %) in the control group, after the first ligation, exacerbation of external haemorrhoids developed. During a year after the treatment, 6 patients (11.6 %) in the control group were treated for exacerbations of haemorrhoids. After 1 year, in 9 patients (17.4 %) in the control group and in 4 patients (7.9 %) in the main group, prolapses of internal haemorrhoids were detected. Thus, with the addition of latex ligation with postoperative treatment of external haemorrhoids with Hepatrombin H® ointment and their subsequent excision, a decrease in the number of postoperative exacerbations and improvement of long-term treatment results was observed.
1. Shelygin Ju. A. Klinicheskie rekomendacii. Koloproktologija. Moscow: GEOTAR-Media, 2015. (In Russ.).
2. Groshilin V. S., Mirzoev L. A., Shvetsov V. K., Chernyshova E. V. Efficacy of minimally invasive procedures in hemorrhoids treatment (grade II–III). Ul’yanovskii medikobiologicheskii zhurnal. – Ulyanovsk Medico-biological Journal. 2017;(2):95-103. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.23648/UMBJ.2017.26.6223
3. Cocorullo G., Tutino R., Falco N., Licari L., Orlando G. [et al.]. The non-surgical management for hemorrhoidal disease. A systematic review. G. Chir. 2017;38(1):5-14. https://doi.org/10.11138/gchir/2017.38.1.005
4. Albuquerque A. Rubber band ligation of hemorrhoids: A guide for complications. World J. Gastrointest Surg. 2016;27(8):614-620. https://doi.org/10.4240/wjgs.v8.i9.614
5. Forlini A., Manzelli A., Quaresima S., Forlini M. Longterm result after rubber band ligation for haemorrhoids. Int. J. Colorectal. Dis. 2009;24(9):1007-1010. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00384-009-0698-y
6. Selivanov A. V., Butyrsky A. G., Leonenko S. N., Tagayeva A. S. Long-term result after rubber band ligation for haemorrhoids. Krymskij zhurnal ehksperimental’noj i klinicheskoj mediciny. – Crimea Journal of Experimental and Clinical Medicine. 2014;2(4);45-48. (In Russ.).
7. Lyer V. S., Shrier I., Gordon P. H. Long-term outcome of rubber band ligation for symptomatic primary and recurrent internal hemorrhoids. Diseases of the Colon and Rectum. 2004;47(8):1364-1370.
8. Chvikvadze T., Giorgadze K., Archvadze V. The use of a radioscalpel in abdominal surgery. Allergologiya i immunologiya. – Allergology and Immunology. 2010;11(2):192-195. (In Russ.).
9. Filingeri V., Buonomo O., Sforza D. Use of Flavonoids for the treatment of symptoms after hemorrhoidectomy with radiofrequency scalpel. Minerva Chir. 2014;18(5):612-616.
10. Frank A. J., Moll J. M., Hort J. F. A comparison of three ways of measuring pain. Rheumatol Rehabil. 1982;21(4):211- 217.
11. Katorkin S., Isaev V., Andreev P., Sotnikov V. Sposob konservativnogo lechenija ostrogo gemorroja. The way of conservative treating of acute hemorrhoid. Patent for invention 2630615. 2017.
Keywords: combined haemorrhoids, ligation of internal haemorrhoids with latex rings, minimally invasive technologies, postoperative complications