310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
This article presents the results of experimental testing of chitosan-collagen wound dressing with dioxydin and lidocain when healing the infected wounds. The experiment was performed on Wistar rats with a modeled infected wound. The treatment was carried out daily for 15 days. The results are evaluated on the basis of planimetric, bacteriological, histological, morphometric, biochemical and hematological methods of research, the data were processed statistically. It was found that by the 15th day the wounds had decreased by more than 98 %, the maximum healing rate was at 1–5 days. Leukocytosis with lymphocytosis, noted on the days 1 and 5, disappeared by the 10th day of the experiment. Wound contamination at the beginning of the experiment was 34.4x106 CFU/g, by 15 days it decreased to 1.7x104 CFU/g. The histological and morphometric data confirmed that by 15 days the exudation phase was fully completed and the peak of the proliferative phase was passed. Indicators of hydroxyproline test showed an increase in its concentration, which indicates the active synthesis of collagen in the area of the defect.
1.Acosta S., Björck M., Wanhainen A. Negative-Pressure Wound Therapy for Prevention and Treatment of Surgical-Site Infections After Vascular Surgery. British Journal of Surgery. 2017;104:e75-e84. https://doi.org/10.1002/bjs.10403
2. Boateng J., Catanzano O. Advanced Therapeutic Dressings for Effective Wound Healing – A Review. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2015;104:3653-3680. https://doi.org/10.1002/jps.24610
3. Percival S. L. Restoring balance: biofilms and wound dressings. Journal of Wound Care. 2018;27:102113. https://doi.org/10.12968/jowc.2018.27.2.102
4. Martin P., Nunan R. Cellular and Molecular Mechanisms of Repair in Acute and Chronic Wound Healing. British Journal of Dermatology. 2015;173:370-378.
5. Paramonova O. A., Savchenko Yu. P., Gayvoronskaya T. V., Babichev S. A., Gerbova T. V. [et al.]. The use of wound coverings «Aquacel Ag + Hydrofiber dressing» in the complex treatment of patients with face and neck cellulitis. Klinicheskaya stomatologiya. – Clinical dentistry.2017;83(3):44-47. (In Russ.).
6. Privolnev V. I. Topical treatment of wound infection: antiseptics or antibiotics? Klinicheskaya mikrobiologiya i antimikrobnaya khimioterapiya. – Clinical microbiology and antimicrobial chemotherapy. 2017;19(2):131-138.
7. Davis S. C., Li J., Gil J., Valdes J., Solis M. [et al.]. The wound-healing effects of a next-generation anti-biofilm silver Hydrofiber wound dressing on deep partial-thickness wounds using a porcine model. International Wound Journal. 2018;15:834-839. https://doi.org/10.11/iwj.12935
Bolshakov I. N., Sapozhnikov A. N., Eremeev A. V., Kirichenko A. K., Vlasov A. A. [et al.]. Biodegradable wound coverings based on polysaccharide polymers (experimental study). Voprosy rekonstruktivnoj i plasticheskoj khirurgii. – Issues of reconstructive and plastic surgery. 2011;14(2):53-65. (In Russ.).
9. Mayorov A. V., Sysuev B. B., Khanaliyeva I. A., Vikhrova I. V. Modern assortment, properties and prospects for improving dressings for treating wounds.
Farmatsiya i farmakologiya. – Pharmacy and pharmacology. 2018;6(1):432. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.19163/2307-9266-2018-6-1-4-32
10. Vinnik Yu. S., Markelova N. M., Solovyova N. S., Shishatskaya E. I., Kuznetsov M. N. [et al.]. Modern wound dressings in the treatment of purulent wounds. Novosti khirurgii. Surgery news. 2015;23(5):552-558. (In Russ.)].
11. Zudina I. V., Vedyaeva A. P., Bulkina N. V., Ivanov P. V., Alzubaidi A. F. Study of the effects of chitosan on the healing process of a bone defect in the in vivo and in vitro experiments. Izvestiya Saratovskogo universiteta. Novaya seriya. Seriya: Khimiya. Biologiya. Ekologiya. News of the Saratov University. New series. Series: Chemistry. Biology. Ecology. 2016;16(2):171-179. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.18500/1816-9775-2016-16-2-171-179
12. Lapenko V. L., Slivkin A. I., Belenova A. S., Slivkin D. A., Suslina S. N. Obtaining antibacterial complex on the basis of succinate khitosan. Vestnik VGU, Seriya: Khimiya. Biologiya. Farmatsiya. – Herald VSU, Series: Chemistry.
Biology. Pharmacy. 2013;(2):195-198. (In Russ.).
13. Popova T. V., Tolstikova T. G., Letyagin A. Yu., Zhukova N. A., Bgatova N. P. [et al.]. Vliyaniye novoy mazevoy kompozitsii Ag/TAGA I khitozan-gelya na lecheniye eksperimentalnykh ran razlichnoy etiologii. Byulleten sibirskoy meditsiny. Bulletin of Siberian medicine. 2016;15(1):47-54. (In Russ.)]. https://doi.org/10.20538/1682-0363-2016-1-47-54
Keywords: wound treatment, wound process, chitosan, collagen, dioxydin, lidocain, wound covering, infected wound