310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
In this investigation the dynamics of bacteria translocation biomarkers during the experimental acute intestinal obstruction in rats were measured. The blood serum of 77 white Wistar rats with experimental model of intestinal obstruction was used for detecting of LBP and PCT on 1, 3, 5 and 7 days during acute intestinal obstruction. 2 groups of rats were included in this research: 1st – the rats with experimental model, 2nd – animals with Sham-operation. The level of procalcitonin was significantly increased on 1st day of obstruction, in comparison with baseline (p=0.01). In dynamics showing a statistically insignificant increase in intestinal obstruction in comparison with baseline values. The level of LBP in the experimental group during the experimental intestinal obstruction also increased in the first day, gradually decreasing by 5 and 7 days (p<0.05) with respect to the Sham group. Being an early marker of migration of bacterial agents through the intestinal wall, LBP can play the role as a predictor of septic complications. The level of procalcitonin, which increases in the early periods of disease and in dynamics grows up in the development of intestinal obstruction, is also a marker of the progressing of generalized septic complications and a systemic inflammatory reaction that arise during the evolution of intestinal obstruction in the experiment.
1. Magomedov M. M., Bacikov H. A., Imanaliev M. R., Damadaev D. M. Rol’ okislitelnogo stressa kak komponenta reperfuzionnogo sindroma pri ostroj kishechnoj neprohodimosti. Sovremennye problemynauki i obrazovanija. – The modern problems of science and education. 2016;(6):160. (In Russ.)
2. Bankole A. O., Osinowo A. O., Adesanya A. A. Predictive factors of management outcome in adult patients with mechanical intestinal obstruction. Nigerian Postgraduate Medical Journal. 2017;24(4):217-223.
3. Grigor’ev E. G., Galeev Ju. M., Popov M. V., Aparcin K. A., Salato O. V. Mehanizmy formirovanija abdominal’nogo sepsisa pri peritonite i stranguljacionnoj kishechnoj neprohodimosti. Bjulleten SO RAMN. – Siberian Department of Bulletin RAMS. 2012;32(1):48-49. (In Russ.)
4. Chung S. H., Lee H. W., Kim S. W. Usefulness of Measuring Serum Procalcitonin Levels in Patients with Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Gut and Liver. 2016;10(4):574-580. https://doi.org/10.5009/gnl15209
5. Bracho-Blanchet E., Dominguez-Muñoz A., Fernandez- Portilla E., Zalles-Vidal C., Davila-Perez R. Predictive value of procalcitonin for intestinal ischemia and/or necrosis in pediatric patients with adhesive small bowel obstruction (ASBO). Journal of Pediatric Surgery. 2017;52(10):1616-1620. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpedsurg.2017.07.006
6. Lippi G., Sanchis-Gomar F. Procalcitonin in inflammatory bowel disease: Drawbacks and opportunities. World Journal of Gastroenterology. 2017;23(47):8283-8290. https://doi.org/10.3748/wjg.v23.i47.8283
7. Fang L., Xu Z., Wang G. S. Directed evolution of an LBP/CD14 inhibitory peptide and its anti-endotoxin activity. PLoS One. 2014;9(7):e101406. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0101406
8. Mierzchala M., Krzystek-Korpacka M., Gamian A., Durek G. Quantitative indices of dynamics in concentrations of lipopolysaccharide-binding protein (LBP) as prognostic factors in severe sepsis/septic shock patients-comparison with CRP and procalcitonin. Clinical Biochemistry. 2011;44(5-6):357-363. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinbiochem.2011.01.012
9. Turgunov E. M., Teleuov M. K., Kojshibaev Zh. M., Amanova D. E., Zhumakayev A. M. Modelirovanie ostroj kishechnoj neprohodimosti v jeksperimente. Modeling of acute bowel obstruction in the experiment. Certificate of state registration of rights to the object of intellectual property of IP 007385.
Publication 15.02.2017. Bulletin № 278. (In Russ.)
Keywords: acute intestinal obstruction, biomarkers, procalcitonin, lypopolysaccharide-binding protein