310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
The cytological picture of oral tissues in experimental animals was studied when creating a cariogenic model with a formed artificial defect of hard tissues (Black class V), filled with a restorer filling material «Restavrin» coated with «Easy Glaze» sealant and without it. The intensification of the formation of plaque and the manifestation of the inflammatory process in a group of animals with defects, but without coating with sealant was revealed by the 30th day of observation. By this time of the experiment, the number of segmented neutrophils and desquamated epithelium cells sharply increased while the ratio of dead to live cells increased, which increases the degree of cariogenic danger and intensity of inflammation in the area of buccal epithelium, gums and periodontium. A mandatory coating of a photo-composite restoration with a sealant is recommended, which serves as a barrier that protects the filling material from the influence of exogenous factors, preserves the aesthetic and mechanical qualities of composite restorations.
1. Novak N. V., Baytus N. A. Analysis of physical and mechanical characteristics of hard tooth tissues and filling materials. Vestnik VGMU. – Vestnik of VSMU. 2016;1(15):19-26. (In Russ.).
2. Nikolaev A. I., Shashmurina V. R., Nikolaev D. A., Medvedeva T. M., Malyshev A. N., Galanova T. A., Zhazhkov E. N., Shcherbakova T. E. Materials, techniques and tools used in aesthetic restoration of teeth with composite materials (according to the questionnaire of dentists). Institut stomatologii. – The Dental Institute. 2014;3(64):48-51. (In Russ.).
3. Reshetneva I. T., Alyamovskii V. V., Afanasieva A. S., Solntsev A. S., Nikolaenko S. A. Effect of the composition of the organic matrix and the content of composites on the adhesive activity of cariogenic microflora. Klinicheskaja stomatologija. – Clinical dentistry. 2010;2(54):10- 12. (In Russ.).
4. Glukhova E. A., Morozova S. I., Yudina Yu. A., Fuks E. I. Influence of the hygienic status of patients motivated to observe individual oral hygiene, on the development of secondary dental caries. Vestnik novih meditsinskih tehnologii. – Journal of new medical technologies. 2012;19- 3:77-79. (In Russ.).
5. Levkin A. V., Grinin V. М. Estimation of the quality of tooth filling with modern composite materials under conditions of long-term observation. Dental Forum. 2013;4(50):10-12. (In Russ.).
6. Denga O. V., Tsybulskaya V. A. The marginal fit of the fillings and their marginal pigmentation in the process of complex prevention of secondary tooth decay. Vestnik stomatologii. – Herald of stomatology. 2014;2(87):68-70. (In Russ.).
7. Shchetinin E. V., Sirak S. V., Khodzhayan A. B., Dilekova O. V., Sirak A. G., Vafiadi M. Yu., Parazyan L. A., Arutyunov A. V. Рathogenetic aspects of dental pulp pathology. Medical News of North Caucasus. 2015;10(2):187-191. https://doi.org/10.14300/mnnc.2015.10044
Keywords: dental filling material, sealant, experimental animals, cytograms