310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
The paper examines the clinical and psychopathological features of women with schizophrenia, who have committed socially dangerous acts inside and outside the family, depending on psychopathologic mechanism underlying the commission of an aggressive act. A comparative analysis is presented of clinical and social factors contributing to perpetration of criminal aggression by schizophrenic women.
1. Kuntc E. V. Female crime. Causes and dynamics. Zakon i pravo. – Law and Legislation. 2006;(1):61-64. (In Russ.).
2. Tsaneva A. N. Negative tendencies outlined in female criminality for last decade in Russia. Teorija i praktika obshhestvennogo razvitija. – Theory and Practice of Social Development. 2011;(1):197-199. (In Russ.).
3. Federal State Statistic Service of the Russian Federation. Available at: www.gks.ru/wps/wcm/connect/rosstat_main/rosstat/ru/statistics/population/infraction. Accessed May 4, 2018. (In Russ.).
4. Dean R., Walsh T., Moran P., Tirer P., Creed F. [et al.]. Violence in women with psychosis in the community: prospective study. Br. J. Psychiatry. 2006;188(3):264-270. https://doi.org/10.1192/bjp.bp.104.008052
5. Maruschak L. M. Medical Problems of Jail Inmates. Washington DC: Bureau of Justice Statistics, 2006. 6. Nicholls T. L., Crocker A. G., Seto M. C., Wilson C. M., Charette Y., Cote G. The national trajectory project of individuals found not criminally responsible on account of mental disorder. Part 5: how essential are gender-specific forensic psychiatric services? Can. J. Psychiatry. 2015;60(3): 135-145. https://doi.org/10.1177/070674371506000308
7. Kotov V. P. The potential for danger in mentally ill patients, its implications, and principles of adequate diagnosis. Rossiyskiy psihiatricheskiy zhurnal. – Russian Journal of Psychiatry. 2006;(2):14-17. (In Russ.).
8. Makushkina O. A., Simbircev A. A. Kuntc E. V. Trends in social, clinical and psychopathological characteristics of mentally ill patients with socially dangerous behavior. Rossiyskiy psihiatricheskiy zhurnal. – Russian Journal of Psychiatry. 2014;(3):10-18. (In Russ.).
9. Mal’ceva M. M., Kotov V. P. Opasnye dejstvija psihicheski bol’nyh. Moskva: «Meditsina», 1995. (In Russ.).
10. Golenkov A. V. The forensic-psychiatric aspects of homicides, committed by women with various levels of mental health. Rossiyskiy psihiatricheskiy zhurnal. – Russian Journal of Psychiatry. 2016;(3):5-10. (In Russ.).
11. Dmitrieva T. B., Immerman K. L., Kachaeva M. A., Romasenko L. V. Kriminal’naja agressija zhenshhin s psihicheskimi rasstrojstvami. Moskva: «Meditsina», 2003. (In Russ.).
12. Kachaeva M. A., Rusina V. V. Clinico-social profiles and forensic-psychiatric evaluation of the mental state of women with a history of aggressive-violent acts against personality. Rossiyskiy psihiatricheskiy zhurnal. – Russian Journal of Psychiatry. 2014;(5):24-30. (In Russ.).
13. Kharitonova N. K., Weinshtein A. E. Aggression of women with schizophrenia, directed against relatives. Rossiyskiy psihiatricheskiy zhurnal. – Russian Journal of Psychiatry. 2000;(6):43-48. (In Russ.).
Keywords: schizophrenia, aggressive criminal acts, female offenders, in-family violence, extra-family violence, psychopathologic mechanisms underlying aggression, social factors