310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
The results of immunohistochemical studies of the pulpal state and vascular endothelium of the dental alveolar complex are presented in the experimental modeling of periodontitis and osteoporosis in sheep. The endothelial structural parameters of PD in animals in the gums of the upper and lower jaws differ and affect the length, thickness of cells, number of mitochondria, Golgi complex, reticulum of the endothelium, relationship between the nucleus and cytoplasm, and amount of heterochromatin in the nucleus. In periodontitis, pathological changes are noted in the endothelial circle, as well as in pericytes; this is manifested by a complex vascular-tissue reaction of the microcirculatory bed of periodontal tissues with a violation of the rheological properties of the blood, combined with the formation of exudate and an inflammatory cell infiltrate. In the early period after the formation of the model of experimental osteoporosis, slight thickening and straightening were observed in the Korff fibers; at 180 days, the APhF exhibited a more linear structure, occasionally forming a finely mottled network that resembled a mosquito net. At 1 year of observation, there was a lack of Korff fibers in the primary substance of
the pulp, and significant thickening of the argyrophilic membranes in the vascular endothelium; these are signs of impairment in the metabolism of the tooth pulp.
1. Slots J. Periodontitis: facts, fallacies and the future.иPeriodontology2000. 2017;75(1):7-23. https://doi.org/10.1111/prd.12221
2. Gurevich K. G., Dmitrieva L. A. Periodontit XXI. M., 2016;480.
3. Seppälä B., Sorsa T., Ainamo J. Morphometric Analysis of Cellular and Vascular Changes in Gingival Connective Tissue in Long-Term Insulin-Dependent Diabetes. Journal of Periodontology. 1997;68(12):1237-1245. https://doi.org/10.1902/jop.1922.214.171.1247
4. Sirak A. G., Shchetinin E. V., Bykova N. I., Petrosyan G. G., Sirak S. V. [et al.] Experimental estimation of the structure of endothely of parodont vessels in the dynamics of the inflammatory process. Medical News of North Caucasus. 2018;13(1):96-99. https://doi.org/10.14300/mnnc.2018.13027
5. Sirak S. V., Bykova N. I., Shchetinin E. V., Petrosyan G. G., Didenko N. N. [et al.] The enzymatic defense mechanisms of the periodontium in experimental inflammation. Medical News of North Caucasus. 2017;12(4):414-417. https://doi.org/10.14300/mnnc.2017.12116
6. Celermajer D. S. Endothelial dysfunction: Does it matter? Is it reversible? Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 1997;30(2):325-333. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0735-1097(97)00189-7
7. Sata M., Maejima Y., Adachi F. A mouse model of vascular injury that induces rapid onset of medial cell apoptosis followed by reproducible neointimal hyperplasia. Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology. 2000;32(11):2097- 2104. https://doi.org/10.1006/jmcc.2000.1238
8. Liu X., Wang J., Dong F., Li H., Hou Y. Human gingival fibroblasts induced and differentiated into vascular endothelial- like cells. Development Growth and Differentiation. 2016;58(9):702-713. https://doi.org/10.1111/dgd.12327
9. Sirak S. V., Shchetinin E. V., Bobryshev D. V., Fritsch T., Giesenhagen B. [et al.] Osteoporotic sheep mandibular model for comparative alveolar bone healing research. Medical News of North Caucasus. 2017;12(3):284-289. https://doi.org/10.14300/mnnc.2017.12091
10. Subramaniam S., Ima-Nirwana S., Chin K.-Y. Performance of osteoporosis self-assessment tool (OST) in predicting osteoporosis a review. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2018;15(7):1445. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph15071445
11. da Rosa W. L. O., Piva E., da Silva A. F. Disclosing the physiology of pulp tissue for vital pulp therapy. International Endodontic Journal. 2018;51(8):829-846. https://doi.org/10.1111/iej.12906
12. Daood U., Tsoi J. K. H., Neelakantan P., Matinlinna J. P., Omar H. A. K. [et al.] In vitro assessment of ribose modified two-step etch-and-rinse dentine adhesive. Dental Materials. 2018;34(8):1175-1187. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dental.2018.05.005
13. Frassetto A., Breschi L., Turco G., Marchesi G., Di Lenarda R. [et al.] Mechanisms of degradation of the hybrid layer in adhesive dentistry and therapeutic agents to improve bond durability – A literature review. Dental Materials. 2016;32(2):41-53. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dental.2015.11.007
Keywords: osteoporosis, periodontitis, experiment, endothelium