310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
The study has demonstrated the possibility of increasing the informative value of the determination of the thiol group content in patients with inflammatory diseases of the small pelvis organs. The content of easily accessible and inaccessible thiol groups was determined in blood plasma with the aid of the Ellman reagent with the subsequent calculation of their ratio. The experiment has been performed with intact biological material or after exposure to hydrogen peroxide in the in vitro test system. The investigation of the content and ratio of different fractions of thiol groups showed an increase of the fraction of easily accessible SH-groups. In patients of different groups an increased amount of thiol groups oxidized by peroxide was recorded, which indirectly indicates a decreased antioxidant activity. Analysis of the therapy effectiveness in patients with chronic endometritis with bilateral salpingo-oophoritis showed the greatest efficacy of sodium thiosulfate, vitamins A and E in addition to standard therapy.
1. Verevkina I. V., Tochilkin A. I., Popova N. A. Kolorimetricheskiy metod opredeleniya SHgrupp i SS-svyazey v belkakh pri pomoshchi 5,5-ditiobis(2- nitrobenzoynoy) kisloty. V sb.: Orekhovich V.N. red. Sovremennye metody v biokhimii. M.: Meditsina, 1977. (In Russ.).
2. Torchinskiy Yu. M. Thiol and disulfide groups of proteins. M.: «Nauka», 1971. (In Russ.).
3. Giustarini D., Galvagni F., Colombo G., Dalle-Donne I., Milzani A., Aloisi A.M., Rossi R. Determination of protein thiolation index (PTI) as a biomarker of oxidative stress in human serum. Anal. Biochem. 2017;538:38-41. https:// doi.org/10.1016/j.ab.2017.09.010
4. Braynina Kh. Z., Kharina G. V., Zakharchuk N. F., Ivanova A. V., Khodos M. Ya. Determination of low-molecular thiols and disulfides in whole blood and its fractions. Vestnik Ural’skoy meditsinskoy akademicheskoy nauki. – Bulletin of the Ural Medical Medical Science. 2009;23(1):31-38. (In Russ.).
5. Camera E., Picardo M. Analytical methods to investigate glutathione and related compounds in biological and pathological processes. J. Chromatogr. B. Analyt. Technol. Biomed. Life Sci. 2002;781(1-2):181-206.
6. Dydyshko E. I., Okhremenko O. S., Levichkin V. D. Dynamics of indicators immunobiosensor status in patients with hypothyroidism on the background of TES therapy. Kubanskij nauchnyj medicinskij vestnik. – Kuban scientific medical bulletin. 2014;(4):50-54. (In Russ.).
7. Nagoyev B. S., Kambachokova Z. A. State of nonspecific resistance of the body in patients with genital herpes. Klinicheskaya laboratornaya diagnostika. – Russian Clinical Laboratory Diagnostics. 2011;(1):18-20. (In Russ.).
8. Syromiatnikova E. D., Gryzunov Yu. A., Dobretsov G. E., Il’yashenko K. K. New diagnostic algorithms in the early period of acute poisoning with psychotropic drugs. Klinicheskaya laboratornaya diagnostika. – Russian Clinical Laboratory Diagnostics. 2014;59(12):25-28. (In Russ.).
9. Yushchuk N. D., Akhmedova M. D., Vasyuk Yu. A. Diagnostic value of thiol- sulfide component of antioxidant system in brucellosis. Klinicheskaya laboratornaya diagnostika. – Russian Clinical Laboratory Diagnostics. 2009;7:10-11. (In Russ.).
10. Ghezzi P., Bonetto V., Fratelli M. Thiol-disulfide balance: from the concept of oxidative stress to that of redox regulation. Antioxidants & Redox Signaling. 2005;7(7-8):964- 972. https://doi.org/10.1089/ars.2005.7.964
11. Kamyshnikov V. S. Handbook of clinical and biochemical studies, and laboratory diagnosis. Moscow: «MEDpress-inform», 2004. (In Russ.).
Keywords: thiol groups, thiol-containing proteins, Ellman’s reagent, antioxidants