310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
The article is devoted to the pathomorphological assessment of the metabolic activity of periodontal tissues in the experimental model of chronic stress performed by stress-inducing device for a non-physiological occlusion of the jaws in rats. The objects were 78 mature white laboratory rats. The data obtained has demonstrated that ethylmethylhydroxypyridine succinate prevents the development of pathological changes in the walls of blood vessels of the periodontium under conditions of the chronic stress. It also helps to improve the local blood circulation and has a stimulating effect on the oxidative phosphorylation and, so, can be recommended for the directed metabolic correction of gingival oxygen deficiency caused by prolonged chronic stress.
1. Lukinykh L. M., Kruglova N. V. Evaluation of the effectiveness of complex etiopathogenetic treatment of inflammatory periodontal diseases. Dental Forum. 2013;(2): 5-9. (In Russ.).
2. Chen J., Zhang W., Backman L. J. Mechanical stress potentiates the differentiation of periodontal ligament stem cells into keratocytes. British journal of ophthalmology. 2018;102(4):562-569. http://doi.org/10.1136/bjophthalmol- 2017-311150
3. Genco R. J., Borgnakke W. S. Risk factors for periodontal disease. Periodontology 2000. 2013;62(1):59-94. http:// doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0757.2012.00457.x
4. Sirak S. V., Adamchik A. A., Kobylkina T. L. Experimental evaluation of regenerative potential of periodontal tissues. Parodontologiya. – Periodontology. 2016;21(3):15-18. (In Russ.).
5. Lemetskaya T. I., Sukhova T. V., Petrovich Yu. A. Effect of Mexidol on the soft tissues of the oral cavity in dental pathology. Stomatologiya. – Dentisrty. 2008;87(6): 31-35. (In Russ.).
6. Ostrovskaya I. G., Pertsov S. S., Vavilova T. P., Abramova A. Yu., Mitronin A. V., Rubtsova O. G., Samusenkova K. V., Smirnova A. D. Influence of exogenous melatonin on the metabolic processes in the pulp of incisors in rats under immobilization stress. Endodontiya Today. – Endodontics Today. 2017;(1):16-19. (In Russ.).
7. Orekhova L. Yu., Kuchumova Ye. D., Barmasheva A. A. Periodontal status in patients with metabolic syndrome. Parodontologiya. – Periodontology. 2011;(2):28-31. (In Russ.).
8. Petrosyan G. G., Sirak S. V., Romanenko R. G., Tarabrina A. G., Shchetinin E. V. Stress-induced disruption of the structure of periodontal tissues in animal experiments. Meditsinskii vestnik Severnogo Kavkaza. – Medical News of North Caucasus. 2018;13(1):73-77. (In Russ.). http://doi.org/10.14300/mnnc.2018.13001
9. Bykova N. I., Odolskiy A. V., Grigoryan V. A. Protective enzymatic systems of the body in experimental inflammation of periodontal tissues. Kafedra – kafedra. Stomatologicheskoye obrazovaniye. – Cafedra – Cafedra. Dental education. 2017;58:28-32. (In Russ.).
10. Bertoldi C., Venuta M., Guaraldi G. Are periodontal outcomes affected by personality patterns? A 18-month follow-up study. Acta Odontologica Scandinavica. 2018;76(1):48-57. http://doi.org/10.1080/00016357.20 17.1382714
Keywords: stress, periodontal disease, experiment, metabolism, hypoxia