310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
The effect of antibodies to the brain-specific protein S-100 and endothelial NO synthase on cognitive function and quality of life in patients with chronic heart failure (CHF) was evaluated. 54 patients with I-IV functional class CHF were examined. Cognitive impairment was detected using MMSE test, 10 words test, MOCA test, Schulte test and «Frontal dysfunction battery test». The quality of life was determined by the results of the MLHFQ, KCCQ and Serdyuk questionnaires. It has been established that antibodies to the S-100 protein and endothelial NO synthase improve cognitive processes and quality of life in patients with CHF. This group of medicines should be used as part of combined therapy of patients with CHF to improve cognitive status and improve the quality of life.
1. Belenkov Ju. N., Mareev V. Ju. Cardiovascular continuum. Serdechnaya nedostatochnost’. – Heart failure. 2002;11:7-11. (In Russ.).
2. Belousov Ju. B. Endothelial dysfunction as the cause of atherosclerotic lesions of arteries in hypertension. Methods of correction. Farmoteka. – Pharmacy. 2004;6:62-72. (In Russ.).
3. Vorob’jova O. V., Kamchatnov P. R., Rachin A. P. Efficiency and safety of the new neurotropic medicinal product of Divaza in the complex therapy of chronic cerebral ischemia. Effektivnaya farmakoterapiya. – Effective pharmacotherapy. 2014;31:42-46. (In Russ.).
4. Drapkina O. M. Nitric oxide and heart failure. Terapevticheskij arhiv. – Therapeutic archive. 2005;11:62-68. (In Russ.).
5. El’s’kij V. N. The role of endothelial dysfunction in the genesis of cardiovascular diseases. Zhurnal AMN Ukrainy. – Journal of the Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine. 2008;14:51-62. (In Russ.).
6. Zadionchenko V. S., Pogonchenkova I. V., Nesterenko O. I. The state of endothelium and oxide-nitrogen in heart failure. Rossijskij kardiologicheskij zhurnal. – Russian Cardiology Journal. 2005;1:80-87. (In Russ.).
7. Kamchatnov P. R., Vorob’jova O. V., Rachin A. P. Correction of emotional and cognitive impairment in patients with chronic cerebral ischemia. Zhurnal nevrologii i psihiatrii. – Journal of Neurology and Psychiatry. 2014;4:52-56. (In Russ.).
8. Malkina- Pyh I. G. Psychosomatics: a directory of practical psychologist. Moscow: «EKSMO», 2005. (In Russ.).
9. Pogosova G. V. Depression is a new risk factor for coronary heart disease and a predictor of coronary death. Kardiologiya. – Cardiology. 2002;4:86-91. (In Russ.).
10. Poletaev A. V. Brain-specific proteins S-100, their endogenous acceptors and ligands and regulation of metabolic processes in the nervous tissue: the author’s abstract. Moscow, 1987. (In Russ.).
11. Rimskij S. N., Rimskaja R. R. The method of «Schulte’s Tables». Almanac of psychological tests. Moscow: KSP +, 1995;112-116. (In Russ.).
12. Chukanova E. I., Bogolepova A. N., Chukanova A. S. Experience in the use of the drug Divaza in the treatment of cerebrovascular insufficiency. Zhurnal nevrologii i psihiatrii. – Journal of Neurology and Psychiatry. 2015;6:17-23. (In Russ.).
13. Chukanova E. I., Chukanova A. S. The use of antioxidant drugs in the complex pathogenetic therapy of vascular cognitive disorders. Russkij Medicinskij Zhurnal. – Russian Medical Journal. 2014;10:759-761. (In Russ.).
14. Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders, 4th ed.: DSMIV. Washington, D.C.: American Psychiatric Association. 1994;511-518.
15. Dubois B., Slachevsky A., Litvan I. The FAB: a Frontal Assessment Battery at bedside. Neurology. 2000;11:1621- 1626. https://doi.org/10.1212/WNL.55.11.1621
16. Folstein M. F., Folstein S. E., McHugh P. R. Mini-mental state. A practical method for grading the cognitive state of patients for the clinician. Journal of Psychiatric Research. 1975;12:189-198. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-3956 (75)90026-6
17. Green C. P., Porter C. B., Bresnahan D. R. Development and evaluation of the Kansas City Cardiomyopathy Questionnaire: a new health status measure for heart failure. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2000;5:1245-1255.
18. Heizmann C. W., Fritz G., Schafer B. W. S100 proteins: structure, functions and pathology. Frontiers in Biosciens. 2002;7:1356-1368.
19. Palmer R. M., Ferrige A. G., Moncada S. Nitric oxide release accounts for biological activity of endothelium-derived relaxing factor. Ibid. 1987;327:524-526.
20. Rector T. S., Kubo S. H., Cohn J. N. Patients self-assessment of their congestive heart failure. Part 2: content, reliability and validity of a new measure, the Minnesota living with heart failure questionnaire. Heart failure. 1987;10:198-209.
Keywords: chronic heart failure, cognitive impairment, S-100 protein, NO-synthase