310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
The frequency of the facial nerve damage in otological surgery varies from 0.2 to 10 % and ranks second among the causes of lesion of the facial nerve. The aim of the study was to reduce the number of complications in the middle ear surgery by training of surgical skills on the 3D-simulator of temporal bone. 3D model was produced by the program «Slicer 3D», all the elements were detailed. The model was printed on a 3D printer in liquid plastic. During the printing process the facial nerve channel was contrasted with a plastic of differed color. The above method of manufacturing a phantom of the temporal bone with contrast staining of the facial nerve channel was applied for surgical skills training for three forthcoming surgery in patients with purulent diseases of the middle ear. The total conformity of the temporal bone 3D-simulator and the topographic-anatomical structures of the patients’ middle ear was revealed in all cases. Iatrogenic injuries were not observed
1. Aleksandrov I. N. Rossyskaya otorinolaringologiya. – Russian Otorhinolaryngology. 2005;1:16-19.
2. Boyadzhan G. G. Novosti otorinolaringologii i logopatologii. – News of Otorhinolaryngology and Logopathology. 1999;4:6-8.
3. The canal of the facial nerve. Topography of the canal of the facial nerve. Available at: http://meduniver.com/ Medical/Anatom/567.html
4. Miroshnichenko N. A., Gorban D. G., Zavgorodny A. E., Lysova N. A. Vozmozhnosti primeneniya simulyatsionnykh technology v otokhirurgii. IV syezd ROSOMED-2015, v ramkakh Mezhdunarodnoy konferentsii «Innovatsionnye obuchayushchiye tekhnologii v meditsine». Available at: http://rosomed.ru/theses/153
5. Svistushkin V. M., Slavsky A. N. RMZh. – RMJ. 2016;4:280- 285.
6. Stratneva O. V. Clinical anatomy of the ear: textbook. St. Petersburg: «SpezLit»; 2004.
7. Khovanskaya G. N., Pirogova L. A. Aktualnye voprosy vedomstvennoy meditsiny: materialy Respublikanskoy nauchno-prakticheskoy konferentsii s mezhdunarodnym uchastiyem. Grodno: GrGMU, 2014. 175-184 p.
8. Schneider G., Müller A. Laryngorhinootologie. 2004;83(6):363-366.
9. Schwager K., Gilyoma J. M. Laryngorhinootologie. 2003;82(10):683-686.
Keywords: 3D-simulator, facial nerve channel, otological surgery