310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
The aim was to compare the effect and safety of dabigatran etexilate and rivaroxaban in the prevention and treatment of venous thromboembolism after hip and knee endoprosthesis replacement and their influence on the patients quality of life.
104 patients were divided into 2 statistically homogeneous groups. The first group consisted of 51 patients who received dabigatran etexilate in a fixed dose 220 mg/day. The second group consisted of 53 patients treated with rivaroxaban 10 mg/day. The quality of life 1 year after surgery was studied using the questionnaires CIVIQ-20 and SF-36.
Venous thromboembolic complications developed in 18 (17.3 %) patients: equally in both groups. Isolated thrombosis of the common femoral vein was diagnosed in 8 (7.7 %) patients and in 3 (2.9 %) in combination with PE. Thrombosis of the popliteal and tibial veins was found in 7 (6.7 %) patients. Internal bleeding occurred in 9 (8.6 %) patients with deep vein thrombosis, 1.7 % more often in the second group. In 7 (6.7 %) cases, bleeding was not clinically significant and only 2 (1.9 %) cases, one in each group, experienced severe bleeding, requiring haemostatic therapy.
There are no statistically significant differences in the prevention of venous thromboembolism after endoprosthesis replacement of large joints in terms of efficacy and safety between dabigatran and rivaroxaban. The quality of life of patients treated with dabigatran was not significantly different from patients treated with rivaroxaban.
1. Kopenkin S. S. Vestnik travmatologii i ortopedii im. N. N. Priorova. – Journal of Traumatology and Orthopedics. N. N. Priorov. 2010;1:35-38.
2. Kulinchik T. V., Rebrova O. Ju., Margieva A. V. Vestnik travmatologii i ortopedii im. N. N. Priorova. – Journal of Traumatology and Orthopedics. N. N. Priorov. 2012;3:39-46.
3. Pasechnik I. N. Hirurgija. – Surgery. 2016;2:72-75. 4. Firsov S. A., Levshin A. G., Matveev R. P. Vestnik travmatologii i ortopedii im. N. N. Priorova. – Journal of Traumatology and Orthopedics. N. N. Priorov. 2015;2:15-17.
5. Gomez-Outes A. BMJ. 2012;344:36-75. doi: http:// dx.doi.org/10.1136/bmj.e3675
6. Huisman M. V., Quinlan D. J., Dahl O. E., Schulman S. Circ. Cardiovasc. Qual. Outcomes. 2010;3(6):652-660. doi: 10.1161/CIRCOUTCOMES.110.957712
7. Lieberman J. R., Pensak M. J. J. Bone Joint Surg. Am. 2013;95(19):1801-1811. doi: 10.2106/JBJS.L.01328
8. Loke Y. K., Kwok C. S. J. Clin. Pharm. Ther. 2011;36:111- 124. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2710.2010.01162.x
Keywords: venous thromboembolism, prevention, prosthesis, knee joint, hip joint, dabigatran, rivaroxaban, quality of life