310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
In 80 patients with metabolic syndrome with impaired fasting glycaemia and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease the effectiveness of complex spa therapy, including the internal intake of mineral water «Essentuki-Novaya» (40 patients) or «Essentuki № 4» (40 patients) was evaluated. The complex of approach also included a sanatorium-resort regime, a low-calorie diet (1700–1800 kcal/day), special exercises, carbonic mineral baths. It is established, that complex resort treatment of patients with metabolic syndrome and disorder of carbohydrate metabolism is pathogenetic and actively influences endocrine status. The results obtained allowed to recommend the mineral water «Essentuki- Novaya» for treatment and prophylaxis in the studied group.
1. Botvineva L. A. Preventive and therapeutic effect of mineral waters for diabetes and impaired glucose tolerance. Moscow, 2001.
2. Butrova S. A. Metabolicheskiy sindrom. Ozhireniye: etiologiya, patogenez, klinicheskiye aspekty. Moscow, 2006:76-80.
3. Efimenko N. V., Reps V. F. Kurortnaya meditsina. – Spa medicine. 2013;3:106-109.
4. Polushina N. D., Frolkov V. K., Botvineva L. A. Preventivnaya kurortologiya (teoreticheskiye i prikladnyye aspekty perspektivy). Pyatigorsk, 1997.
5. Fedorova T. Y., Efimenko N. V., Kaysinova A. S. Voprosy kurortologii, fizioterapii i lechebnoy fizicheskoy kul’tury. – Issues of balneology, physiotherapy and therapeutic physical training. 2012;6:21-23.
Keywords: mineral water, metabolic syndrome, impaired fasting glycaemia, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease