310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
The research covered patients with chronic osteomyelitis. 55 patients underwent an original operation of single stage sequestrectomy and grafting the residual bone cavity with fine-grain titanium nickelide. There was demonstrated clinico-roentgenologic efficiency of this treatment method in early rehabilitation period and further follow up. Clinical effects were characterized by the absence of relapses of chronic osteomyelitis in 94.6 % of patients during the follow-up period. The inductive influence of titanium nickelide in the formation of trabecular bone tissue was experimentally based on 20 animals (dogs). Thus, our work confirms that the use sequestrectomy with the following grafting with the granules of titanium nickelide gives more positive results than the traditional method of treatment of the chronic osteomyelitis.
1. Gostishchev V. K. The basic principles of etiotropic tyherapy of chronic osteomyelitis. Surgery. 1999;(9):38–42.
2. Nikitin G. D., Rak A. V., Lynnic S. A., Nikolayev V. F., Nikitin D. G. Bone and muscle-bone grafting in treating chronic osteomyelitis and pyogenic pseudarthrosis. SPb., 2002.
3. Kutin A. A., Mosiyenko N. I. Hematogenic osteomyelitis of adults. M., 2000.
4. Noskov V. N., Agarkov V. P., Gostintsev A. A., Dzyuba G. G., Polozhentsev A. A. Practice of treating patients with chronic osteomyelitis of long bones. Pyogenic complications in traumatology and orthopedics: Materials of scientific-practical conference. Novosibirsk, 2005. P. 25-26.
5. Chechnyev Y. Y., Yakushenko V. K., Chekanov M. N., Rutkovsky Y. A., Morozov A. Y. [et al.]. The method of filling sequestral cavities with porous fine-grain titanium nickelide in treating chronic osteomyelitis. Implants with shape memory. 2004;(1-2):19–21.
6. Borisov I. V., Amiraslamov Y. A., Blatun L. A. Antibacterial therapy for osteomyelitis (systematized review). Antibiotics and chemotherapy. 2003;(9):37–40.
7. Fomichev N. G. New technologies in spine surgery with the use of implants with shape memory. Tomsk, 2002.
8. Gunter V. E., Dambayev G. T., Sysolyatin P. G. Medical materials and implants with shape memory. Tomsk, 2002.
9. Iryanov Yu. M., Strelkov N. S., Kiryanov N. A., Dyuryagina O. V. Treatment of cavitary bone defects under implantation of the mesh structures made of titanium nickelide. Medical News of North Caucasus 2017;12(2):152-156. doi:10.14300/mnnc.2017.12043
10. Radkevich A. A., Khodorenko V. N., Gunter V. E. Reparative osteogenesis in bone defects after restoration with porous fine-grain titanium nickelide. Implants with shape memory. 2005;(1–2):30–34.
11. Strelkov N. S., Kiryanov N. A., Shklyaev P. O. Pathomorphology and mineral composition of bone in experimental osteomyelitis. Medical News of North Caucasus. 2015;10(4):415-418. doi: 10.14300/mnnc.2015.10101
12. Cripps M., Shirtliff M. E., Mader J. T. The treatment of osteomyelitis with hydroxyappatite antibiotic implant in a rabbit model. 8th Intersc. Conf. Antimicrobial Agents Chemother. San Diego, 1998.
Keywords: chronic osteomyelitis, titanium nickelide, bone grafting, surgical treatment