310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
The aim of the study was to evaluate the influence of serum total testosterone (T) on the insulin resistance (IR) and erectile dysfunction in men with type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM). Objects were 131 male aged 40-65 years with T2DM. Symptoms of erectile dysfunction and androgen deficiency were assessed by IIEF-5 and AMS questionnaires, IR – by HOMA index. Patients were divided into four groups depending on the level of total T. Weight, body mass index and waist circumference were significantly increased in patients with a decreased level of T. The severity of IR negatively correlated with the T levels. Severity of the symptoms of androgen deficiency and erectile dysfunction increases with the decrease in T levels accompanied by worsening of IR in men with T2DM. Supported by Russian Science Foundation, grant № 14-25-00052
1. Gusova Z., Khripun I., Dzantieva E., Vorobiev S., Elenga- Bongo C. L. Diabet. Metabol. 2015;41(1):A45.
2. Kelly D. M., Jones T. H. J. Endocrinol. 2013;217:25-45.
3. Khripun I. A., Dzantieva E. O., Vorobyev S. V., Belousov I. I., Ibishev H. S., Gusova Z. R., Haritonova M. I., Sultanmuradova A. S., Kogan M. I., Zitzmann M. Influence of endogenous testosterone on markers of endothelial dysfunction in men with type 2 diabetes. Prague: Abstract book ISSAM. 2015. Р. 11.
4. Saghier E. O., Shebl S. E., Fawzy O. A. Clin. Med. Insights Endocrinol. Diabetes. 2015;19(8):55-62.
5. Traish A. M., Saad F., Guay A. J. Androl. 2009;30(1):23- 32.
Keywords: testosterone, diabetes mellitus, insulin resistance, erectile