310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
To study the changes in the reserves of accommodation and refraction and adaptation processes of the child’s organism when playing badminton, 58 children and adolescents (116 eyes) who are engaged in sports and recreation complex, were surveyed for six months. The children were divided into three groups according to refraction: 1 st group – children with myopia (20), 2 nd groun – children with hypermetropia (22) and 3rd group (control) – children with emmetropia (16). In accordance with the data of visometry and the study of the reserves of accommodation in children with a proportional refraction visual acuity has not changed in the course of employment by badminton and remained equal to one. Reserves of accommodation in 75 % of children in the control group increased, while 25 % of children remained unchanged. Physical activity has beneficial effects on the regulation of the mechanism of accommodation and in a lesser extent, on the autonomic balance.
Playing badminton is recommended for children and adolescents to improve functional abilities of the accommodative apparatus.
1. Avetisov E. S. Blizorukost. M.: «Meditsina»; 1999. 288 р.
2. Alferova O. P., Osin A. Ya Fundamentalnye issledovaniya. – Fundamental research. 2011;1:35-40.
3. Volkova Ye. M. Vliyaniye tonusa vegetativnoy nervnoy sistemy na funktsionalnoye sostoyaniye akkomodatsii pri miopii. SPb.; 2007. 24 р.
4. Iomdina Ye. N., Tarutta Ye. P., Smirnova T. S. Disbalans vegetativnoy nervnoy sistemy i oporno-dvigatelnye narusheniya u detey i podrostkov s progressiruyushchey i oslozhnennoy miopiyey. Sb. nauch. tr. V Ros. obshchenats. oftalmol. forum. M.; 2012;2:694-700.
5. Iomdina Ye. N., Tarutta Ye. P., Smirnova T. S. Proyavleniya displazii soyedinitelnoy tkani u detey i podrostkov s progressiruyushchey i oslozhnennoy miopiyey. Sb. nauch. tr. Ros. obshchenats. oftalmol. forum. M.; 2010. Р. 309-314.
6. Cherednichenko N. L., Katargina L. A., Cherednichenko L. P. Dinamika izmeneny kardiorespiratornykh pokazateley u detey s anomaliyami refraktsii v razlichnykh vozrastnykh gruppakh. Sb. nauch. tr. V Ros. obshchenats. oftalmol. forum. M.; 2012;2:729-732.
Keywords: accommodation, refraktogenesis, vegetative nervous system, physical development, badminton, children