310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
Endometriosis, including adenomyosis, remains one of the important clinical problems of modern gynecology. To date, the diagnostic value of hysteroscopy in the detection of foci of adenomyosis varies widely depending on the shape and the extent of spreading of the pathological process. The aim of the study was to determine the diagnostic capabilities of operative hysteroscopy with adenomyosis, accompanied by the pelvic pain syndrome. 120 female patients with pelvic pain adenomyosis were included into the present study. The verification of the diagnosis of adenomyosis was made on the basis of clinical and anamnestic, objective gynecological, ultrasound, tomography data. The results of the study demonstrated the presence of nodular form of adenomyosis in 36 (30.1 %) patients, diffuse forms of adenomyosis – «the phenomenon of wave formation» was detected in 78 (65 %) women with a pelvic pain of moderate and weak intensity. The combination of diffuse-nodular was diagnosed in 6 (5.9 %) patients. The results of the research testify to high diagnostic value for the detection of adenomyosis, and for differential diagnosis of proliferative diseases of the uterus and endometrium. Significantly more nodular form of adenomyosis (p<0.05) were detected in patients with pelvic pain of severe intensity.
1. Adamjan L. V. Jendometrioz: diagnostika, lechenie i reabilitacija: Federal’nye klinicheskie rekomendacii po vedeniju bol’nyh. Federal guidelines for the management of patients 2013;58.
2. Ishhenko A. I. Jendometrioz: diagnostika i lechenie –Endometriosis: Diagnosis and Treatment. 2002;104.
3. Orazov M. R., Sulayeva O. N., Nosenko E. N. Some pathological changes in the myometrium of women with adenomyosis, accompanied by chronic pelvic pain syndrome. Moskovskij Hirurgicheskij Zhurnal. – Moscow Surgery Magazine. 2015;3(43):20-23.
4. Dakhly D. M., Abdel Moety G. A., Saber W., Gad Allah S. H., Hashem A. T., Abdel Salam L. O. Accuracy of Hysteroscopic Endomyometrial Biopsy in Diagnosis of Adenomyosis. J. Minim. Invasive Gynecol. 2015;23(3):364-371. doi: 10.1016/j.jmig.2015.11.004
5. Brosens I., Gordts S., Habiba M., Benagiano G. Uterine cystic adenomyosis: a disease of younger women. J. Pediatr. Adolesc. Gynecol. 2015;28(6):420-426.
Keywords: adenomyosis, pelvic pain, hysteroscopy