310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
We studied some of the indicators of apoptosis, the content of adhesion molecules and TNF-α in peripheral blood of patients with ulcerative colitis (UC) in the dynamics of the induction course with infliximab (Remicade). During severe UC activity the level of soluble adhesion molecules in serum TNF-α synthesis by mononuclear cells was increased and willingness of lymphocytes to apoptosis was decreased. After the end of the induction course in 43 patients (66 %) Rachmilewitz index declined that marked the beginning of clinical remission. This group of patients showed increase of apoptotic lymphocytes readiness, but the TNF-α production was normalized, and the content of ICAM-1 and ICAM-2 in plasma is decreased. The dynamics of the synthesis of TNF-α, plasma level of adhesion molecules and the readiness of immune cells to apoptosis under the influence of infliximab may predict clinical response to biological therapy.
1. Pavlenko V. V., Amirkhanova L. Z. Medicinskij vestnik Severnogo Kavkaza. – Medical News of North Caucasus. 2012;1:4-6.
2. Baumgart D. C., Carding S. R. Lancet. 2007;369:1627-1640.
3. Danese S. Gut. 2012;61:918-932.
4. Oussalah A., Evesque L., Laharie D. Am. J. Gastroenterol. 2010;105:2617-2625.
5. Peyrin-Biroulet L., Lemann M. Aliment. Pharmacol. Ther. 2011;33:870-879.
Keywords: ulcerative colitis, apoptosis, cell adhesion molecules, infliximab