310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
The aim of the study was to describe stages of treatment of hyperbilirubinemia in infants, including prescription of ursodeoxycholic acid (Ursofalk suspension) according to the scheme: 20–30 mg/kg per day plus the increase of the fluid intake up to 10 ml/kg for premature infant and 20 ml/kg for full-term infant. Detection of possible herpetic infections (CMV, Epstein-Barr virus, HSV type 1 and 2) during followup demand prescription of Interferon alfa-2b in rectal suppository and Genferon Lite 125000 mg according to the scheme. It was found that long-term course of the conjugation jaundice is due to CMV infection in 35 % of cases, due to a combination of CMV and EBV – in 47 % and in 18 % of cases – due to CMV and HSV type 1 and 2. The longest course with signs of cytolysis and hepatomegaly was observed in patients with mixed CMV and EBV infection.
1. Volyanyuk E. V., Kuznetsova A. V. Prakticheskaya meditsina. – Рractice of medicine. 2009;7:13-15.
2. Pisarev E. V., Novichkova E. A., Sadchikova S. A. Vestnik SamGU. Yestestvennonauchnaya seriya. – Vestnik of SSU. Naturalistic seriya. 2006;7(47):160-166.
3. Sapotnitsky A. V. Okhrana materinstva i detstva. – Maternal and child health. 2009;2:15-19.
4. Ustinova G. N., Pechkurov D. V., Davidkin N. F. Risk factors for neonatal jaundice. Proc. mat. jubilee XV International Congress of pediatric gastroenterologists Russia and CIS countries. «Actual problems of abdominal pathology in children». M.; 2008. Р. 375-376.
5. Fischler B. Acta Paediat. 2001;90(1):88-92.
6. Karrer F. M., Bensard D. D. Semin. Pediat. Surg. 2000;9(4):166-169.
Keywords: children, hyperbilirubinemia, herpetic infections, outcomes