310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 865 2352511, +7 865 2353229.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
The article analyzes the results of open surgical treatment of varicose veins complicated by superficial thrombophlebitis (varicothrombophlebitis). The work is a cohort study that includes 153 cases in treated inpatients and outpatients for the period from 2005 to 2011. The analysis of modern methods of conservative and surgical treatment of this pathology has been carried out. The tactics of treating the disease have been developed and substantiated. To obtain the best treatment results for the purpose of surgical prophylaxis, it is recommended to limit oneself to crossectomy, ligation and transection of the corresponding anastomoses with deep vein thromboectomy. Conservative therapy involves the administration of anticoagulant therapy, various forms of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and the use of compression hosiery. Performing of a radical open surgical intervention, after a 4-week course of conservative therapy, can statistically significantly (p<0.05) reduce the likelihood of complications.
1. Frappe P., Buchmuller-Cordier A., Bertoletti L., Bonithon-Kopp C., Couzan S. [et al.]. For the STEPH Study Group. Annual diagnosis rate of superficial vein thrombosis of the lower limbs: the STEPH community-based study. J. Thromb. Haemostas. 2014;12(6):831-838.
2. Meissner M. H., Wakefield T. W., Ascher E., Caprini J. A., Comerota A. J. [et al.]. Acute venous disease: venous thrombosis and venous trauma. J. Vasc. Surg. 2007;46(6):25-53.
3. Russian clinical guidelines for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of venous thromboembolic complications (VTEC). Flebologiya. – Phlebology. 2015. (In Russ.).
4. Diagnosis and treatment of thrombophlebitis of the superficial veins of the extremities. Recommendations of the Association of Phlebologists of Russia. Flebologiya. – Phlebology. 2019;13(2):78-97. (In Russ.).
5. European Society for Vascular Surgery (ESVS) 2021 Clinical Practice Guidelines on the Management of Venous Thrombosis. Eur. J. Vasc. Endovasc. Surg. 2020.
Keywords: superficial venous thrombophlbitis of legs, leg varicosity, venous thromboembolism