310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
As has been noted in the literature, in fibrogenesis regulation a huge role is played by various cytokines. Their production is normally absent or minimal. When activating the cells and the appearance of physiological and pathological stimuli production of these autocrine, paracrine and endocrine molecules increases, thereby regulating the cellular response to external stimuli.
A cascade character of cytokines action is explained by induction of one cytokine production by another cytokine, as well as synergism in the interaction. The data of many researchers about the pathogenesis of hepatic fibrosis suggest that this cytokine regulation imbalance and imbalance of alternative by biological activity pools of molecules promotes the development of hepatic tissue fibrosis and its damage is almost always accompanied by a dysfunction of the immune system.
The paper presents the characteristics of the spectrum of the studied cytokines in chronic hepatitis C, which have a key role in the development of liver fibrosis.
1. Mamayev S.N., Shulpekova Yu.O, Levina A.A. i dr. Ros. zhurnal gastroenterol., gepatol. i koloproktol. – Russian journal of gastroenterology, Hepatology and koloproktol. 2000;5:30-34.
2. Nikitina O.A. Klinicheskoye i patogeneticheskoye znacheniye nekotorykh rostovykh faktorov i autoantitel k kollagenam pri khronicheskikh zabolevaniyakh pecheni: Avtoref. dis… k-ta med. Nauk. Stavropol; 2006. 18 p.
3. Pavlov Ch.S. Fibroz pecheni pri khronicheskikh virusnykh gepatitakh B i C: Avtoref. dis. … d-ra med. nauk. Moskva; 2009. 46 p.
4. Alter M.J., Kruszon-Moran D., Nainan O.V. N. Engl. J. Med. 1999;341:556-562.
5. Cholongitas E., Senzolo M., Standish R. et al. Am. J. Clin. Pathol. – 2006;125:710-721.
6. Davis G.L., Albrigh J.E., Cook S.F. et al. Liver Transpl. 2003;9:331-333.
7. Friedman S. New Eng. J. 1993;328:1828-1835.
8. Gaga M.D., Pickering J.A., Arthur M.J., Benyon R.C. J. Hepatol; 1999; 30(5):850-858.
9. Knittel T., Janneck T., Muller L. Hepatology; 1996; 24(2):352-360.
Keywords: fibrosis, cytokines, TIMP-1, transforming growth factor-1β, fibroelastometry