310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 865 2352511, +7 865 2353229.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
The results of a study of data from 60 patients with allergic rhinitis, sensitized to weed pollen, are presented. According to the results of skin tests, 20 % showed monosensitization to ragweed, 20 % – oligosensitization to ragweed and wormwood, 60 % – polysensitization to weeds, timothy grass, birch. Specific antibodies to the major ragweed allergen (IgE nAmb a1) has been detected in 81.7 % of patients, wormwood (IgE nArt v1) – in 26.7 %, timothy grass (IgE rPhl p1.5) – in 10.0 %, birch (IgE Bet v1) – in 6.7 %. Molecular component-separated allergy diagnostics may result in changed allergen-specific immunotherapy program in 43.3 % of patients sensitized to weed pollen.
1. Allergologiya i klinicheskaya immunologiya. Klinicheskie rekomendatsii / Pod red. R. M. Khaitova, N. I. Il’inoy. Moskva: GEOTAR-Media, 2019. (In Russ.).
2. Macharadze D. Sh. Ambrosia allergy. Features of diagnosis and treatment. Meditsinskiy opponent. – Medical opponent. 2019;2(6):48-55.
3. Pfaar O., Bonini S., Cardona V., Demoly P., Jakob T. [et al.]. Perspectives in allergen immunotherapy: 2017 and beyond. Allergy. 2018;73(104):5-23. https://doi.org/10.1111/all.13355
4. Callery E. L., Keymer C., Barnes N. A., Rowbottom A. W. Component-resolved diagnostics in the clinical and laboratory investigation of allergy. Ann. Clin. Biochem. 2020;57(1):26-35. https://doi.org/10.1177/0004563219877434
5. Moreno C., Justicia J. L., Quiralte J., Moreno-Ancillo A., Iglesias-Cadarso A. [et al.]. Olive, grass or both? Molecular diagnosis for the allergen immunotherapy selection in polysensitized pollinic patients. Allergy. 2014;69(10):1357-1363. https://doi.org/10.1111/all.12474
Keywords: pollen allergy, weeds, molecular diagnostics, allergen-specific immunotherapy