310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 865 2352511, +7 865 2353229.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
The purpose of the study was to assess the content of lactoferrin and soluble antigen of leukocytes – 2 in breast milk on the 1st and 5th days of the postpartum period with different duration of lactation. We examined 99 women in the early postpartum period with his full-term babies. Children were divided into 3 clinical groups: group 1 – 30 children who were breastfed for 1 month or less; 2 – 29 children with breastfeeding duration 3–4 months; 3 – 40 babies who have been breastfed for 6 months or more. The immunochemical study of milk was carried out by the method of double immunodiffusion in agar using standard test systems. The content of lactoferrin and soluble antigen of leukocytes – 2 in breast milk was associated with the duration of lactation. In women who breastfed for 6 months or more, its content in colostrum and transitional milk is significantly higher than in women with a shorter lactation period. The highest values of soluble antigen of leukocytes – 2 were found in colostrum of women with the shortest lactation. The content of the studied proteins in breast milk varies from 1 to 5 days of the lactation period – the highest concentrations are observed in colostrum. ROC-analysis of the content of lactoferrin in colostrum, transitional milk, as well as the level of soluble antigen of leukocytes – 2 in colostrum of mothers showed a high predictive value of the level of proteins for the development of hypogalactia. Comparative analysis of the content of lactoferrin and soluble antigen of leukocytes – 2 in colostrum and transitional milk of the mother allows, together with clinical criteria, to carry out early prediction of hypogalactia.
1. National program for optimizing the feeding of children of the first year of life in the Russian Federation. Moscow: Soyuz pediatrov Rossii, 2011. (In Russ.).
2. The main indicators of maternal and child health, the activities of the service of the protection of children and obstetric aid in the Russian Federation. M.: Central research Institute of organization and Informatization of health care, 2015. (In Russ.).
3. Kulakov V. I., Serov V. N., Abakarova P. R. Rational pharmacotherapy in obstetrics and gynecology: rukovodstvo dlya praktikuyushchih vrachej. M.: «Litterra», 2005. (In Russ.).
4. Gutikova L. V. The effect of hormonal changes on the formation of the lactation function of puerperas who have had gestosis. Rossijskij vestnikakushera-ginekologa. – Russian Bulletin of the obstetrician-gynecologist. 2008;10:47. (In Russ.).
5. Antonov A. G., Volodin N. N., Arestova N. N., Baybarina E. N. Neonatologiya. Nacionalnoe rukovodstvo. M.: «GEOTAR-Media», 2008. (In Russ.).
6. Esartiya M. A. Clinical substantiation of new ways to predict and treat visible infrared polarized light impaired lactation function of the breast. Aspirantskij vestnik Povolzhya. – Postgraduate Bulletin of the Volga region. 2006;1:21-26. (In Russ.).
7. Tezikov Yu. V., Lipatov I. S., Esarte M. A., Salov V. V. The Establishment of lactation in women with placental insufficiency and new approaches to the treatment of hypogalactia. Uralskij Medicinskii zhurnal. – Ural medical journal. 2010;68(3):42-48. (In Russ.)]
8. Nikolaev A. A., Anshakova N. I. Immunochemical and physico-chemical characterization of lactoferrin of human biological fluids. Voprosy medicinskoj himii. – Questions of medical chemistry. 1985;3:128-131. (In Russ.).
9. Turin C. G., Zea-Vera A., Rueda M. S., Mercado E. [et al.]. Lactoferrin concentration in breast milk of mothers of low birth weight newborns. J. Perinatol. 2017;37(5):507-512. https://doi.org/10.1038/jp.2016.265
10. Strizhova N. V., Gasparyan N. N., Petrunina Yu. A., Tumenova S. K. Comparative immunochemical study of soluble leukocyte antigens in women with chronic salpingooophoritis in remission. Akusherstvo i ginekologiya. – Obstetrics and gynecology. 1987;3:44-46. (In Russ.).
11. Strizhova N. V., Petrunina Yu. A., Mashaeva L. L. Immunochemical study of the system of soluble antigens of leukocytes during normal and complicated by late toxicosis of pregnancy. Akusherstvo i ginekologiya. – Obstetrics and Gynecology. 1985;4:45-47. (In Russ.).
Keywords: lactation, hypogalactia, colostrum, transitional milk, lactoferrin, soluble leukocyte antigen – 2, prediction