310 Mira Street, Stavropol, Russia, 355017
+7 8652 352524; +7 8652 353229.
+7 8652 352524.
The journal is included into The list of leading scientific periodicals.
The study evaluated the treatment effect in 106 children with stages 2–3 of onychocryptosis of the first toe. The control group consisted of 52 patients who underwent surgery according to the classical method of A. Vinograd. In the main group (54 patients), A. Vinograd’s operation was supplemented with the laser matrixectomy technique developed by the authors. In the control group, there were 3 (5.8 %) cases of onychocryptosis recurrence. In the main group, one (1.9 %) relapse was observed. Morphologically, in the control group, the growth zones of the preserved basal epithelial cells with PCNA-positive staining, which promoted the recurrence of onychocryptosis, were determined. In the main group, an immunohistochemical study revealed a negative reaction of the proliferative activity of cells in the postmitotic phase of the cell cycle. Thus, the method developed for the treatment of onychocryptosis in children using a diode laser scalpel has shown to be clinically effective.
1. Orenstein A., Goldan O., Weissman O., Tamir J., Winkler E. [et al.] A comparison between CO2 laser surgery with and without lateral fold vaporization for ingrowing toenails. J. Cosmet. Laser Ther. 2007;9(2):97-100. https://doi.org/10.1080/14764170701275149
2. Gordienko I. I., Tsap N. A., Sosnovskich A. K., Borisov S. A. Treatment of open injuries of the hand in children. Medical News of North Caucasus. 2018;13(3):482-485. https://doi.org/10.14300/mnnc.2018.13083
3. Minaev S. V., Filipeva N. V., Leskin V. V., Shchetinin E. V., Golubeva M. V. [et al.]. Microbiological spectrum of pyoinflammatory diseases causative agents in children at a multi-speciality hospital. Meditsinskii vestnik Severnogo Kavkaza. – Medical News of North Caucasus. 2018;13(1.1):112-114. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.14300/mnnc.2018.13032
4. Kasyan A. R., Sataev V. U., Alyangin V. G. Portable diode laser scalpel in treatment of ingrown toenails in children. Kreativnaya khirurgiya i onkologiya. – Creative surgery and oncology. 2019;9(1):31-36. (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.24060/2076-3093-2019-9-1-31-36
5. Fyodorov I. V. Practical use of energy and complications of its application in surgery (literature review). Khirurgicheskaya praktika. – Surgical Practice. 2014;(1):4-13. (In Russ.).
6. Panteleev V. S., Zavarukhin V. A., Bayazitova G. R. Laser surgical treatment of ingrown toenail of the big toe of the food with purulent inflammation. Meditsinsky vestnik Bashkortostana. – Medical Gazette of Bashkortostan. 2015;10(58):86-88. (In Russ.).
7. Gutknecht N., Al-Karadaghi T. S., Al-Maliky M. A., Conrads G., Franzen R. The Bactericidal Effect of 2780 and 940nm Laser Irradiation on Enterococcus faecalis in Bovine Root Dentin Slices of Different Thicknesses. Photomed. Laser Surg. 2016;34(1):11-16. https://doi.org/10.1089/pho.2015.3960
8. Baleg S. M., Bidin N., Suan L. P., Ahmad M. F., Krishnan G. [et al.]. The effect of CO2 laser treatment on skin tissue. J. Cosmet. Dermatol. 2015;14(3):246-253. https://doi.org/10.1111/jocd.12142
9. Gapontsev V. P., Minayev V. P., Savin I. V., Samartsev I. E. Medical devices based on powerful semiconductor and fibre lasers. Kvantovaya elektronika. – J. Quantum Electronics. 2002;32(11):1003-1006. (In Russ.).
10. Gigin N. K., Sarkisyan Yu. G., Potapova Yu. V., Ivanov Yu. V. The use of diode laser in treatment of hemorrhoidal disease. Klinicheskaya praktika. – J. Clinical Practice. 2016;4(28):9-14. (In Russ.).
11. Aldelaimi T. N., Khalil A. A. Clinical Application of Diode Laser (980 nm) in Maxillofacial Surgical Procedures. J. Craniofac. Surg. 2015;26(4):1220-1223. https://doi.org/10.1097/SCS.0000000000001727
12. Kayalar M., Bal E., Toros T., Ozaksar K., Gürbüz Y. [et al.]. Results of Partial Matrixectomy for Chronic Ingrown Toenail. Foot Ankle Int. 2011;32(9):888-895.
Keywords: ingrown nail, onychocryptosis, laser, matrixectomy, treatment, result